|

NELL- Hot Chocolate, Lighthouse & You 2008

A forum to discuss lighthouses in the New England Region of the US
(Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Vermont)

Moderator: vacastle

Postby wheland » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:03 pm

Save these dates- 1-11-08 to 1-13-08. These are the dates for the 2008 NELL HCLH&Y event.

The details are not set but it will be in the Boston area. they have chosen a hotel and set aside rooms already.

Here's the info. See you all there.

Dennis

2008 Lighthouses Hot Chocolate & You

January 12 - 13, 2008
Plymouth, MA

We will be staying at the Clarion-Nantasket Beach Resort in Hull, MA

The cost is $72.00 plus tax per night. This price is in effect for 1/11 - 1/13/08
All rooms will have a fireplace and a view of three lights: Boston, Minot and Graves.

The telephone number for the Clarion-Nantasket Beach Resort is: 1-781-925-4500.
You may call after October 1st until December 31st. Make sure you tell them you are a member of NELL.

The price includes a continental breakfast for Saturday. They have a brunch on
Sunday but that is not included in the price.

*** More Information Coming - stay tuned ***
wheland
Inspector

Postby rocky5128 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:26 pm

What is the weather like in the Boston are at that time of the year?

Kathy
rocky5128
Assistant Inspector

Postby wheland » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:36 pm

rocky5128 wrote:What is the weather like in the Boston are at that time of the year?

Kathy

I'd say low to mid 30's windy and the possibillity of snow or ice.

You have to be a real lighthouse wacko to participate in the NELL LHHC&Y Event.

Seriously, this year it was on Cape cod and the weather wasn't too bad. It was a bit rainy part of one day, not so bad the next.

The LHHC&Y in 2005 was a bit more like winter- 14 degrees and a 30 mile hour wind at Watch hill RI. the rest of the day was much better- wind went away it warmed up to the 30's and brilliant sunshine.

Dennis

Dennis
wheland
Inspector

Postby Biggy » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:30 pm

Hmmm ... I wonder if I can make it this year? Do you have to be a NELL member to be part of this great event?

That's a nice time of year to be in the Boston area. It's usually not that cold yet. The real cold doesn't show up until later in January and February. Still, my kind of weather! 8O Then again, I like the winter.
David
------------------------------
Check out www.biggysphotosetc.com for updates on David's upcoming book, Lighthouses: Maine to Florida, scheduled for an April release by Schiffer Publishing.
Biggy
Assistant Inspector

Postby wheland » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:16 pm

Biggy wrote:Hmmm ... I wonder if I can make it this year? Do you have to be a NELL member to be part of this great event?

That's a nice time of year to be in the Boston area. It's usually not that cold yet. The real cold doesn't show up until later in January and February. Still, my kind of weather! 8O Then again, I like the winter.

David,

I am fairly sure that you need to be a member to participate in the LHHC&Y event. It doesn't cost much to join, though.

Here's the info on membership-

New England Lighthouse Lovers (NELL)

The following is some information about our club:

We are a New England based lighthouse club which is interested in learning more about lighthouses and maritime history through educational meetings, programs, and site visits.
We have scheduled business meetings in early spring and late fall and rotate the location among the six New England states. Optional outings and special club events are held throughout the year.
We raise funds to help preserve and restore New England lighthouses.
Membership is open to anyone ages 6 and up.
Annual dues are $20 per person or $30 for two adults living at the same address. Junior membership is $10 for ages 6-17. The Family rate is $40 for 1 or 2 adults (age 18 and over) and children (through age 17). If you join after June 30th, deduct $5.00.
If you would like to join today and help make a difference in saving our lighthouse heritage, then click here 'membership form' and follow the instructions listed.

Join today and enjoy tomorrow. the LHHC&Y events are always a good time. you usually get into lighthouses that are not easily accessible and it's a fun group of people.

Dennis
wheland
Inspector

Postby epona » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:17 am

While the NELL folks are down in Boston. (I still cannot get used to saying that) I will be up in Belfast for my course.

The weather should not be too much of an issue in the Boston area. It is still early in the winter season.

I am sure a great time will be had my all who attend.

Carole AKA Epona
epona
Lt. Commissioner

Return to New England Lighthouses