|

Maine LH Challenge

A forum to discuss lighthouses in the New England Region of the US
(Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Vermont)

Moderator: vacastle

Postby shirin » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:05 am

I've also heard rumors that there will be a second challenge on the very same weekend but I've not a clue where that would be.

Unforunately, I most likely won't be doing any lighthousing that weekend. If I get my way, I'll be out in Denver and exploring the heck out of that area.
shirin
Lt. Commissioner

Postby wheland » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:24 am

shirin wrote:I've also heard rumors that there will be a second challenge on the very same weekend but I've not a clue where that would be.

Unforunately, I most likely won't be doing any lighthousing that weekend. If I get my way, I'll be out in Denver and exploring the heck out of that area.

Shirin,

I believe the other challenge will be the Cape Cod one. I didn't know they were to be on the same weekend, though.

I hope I can plan to be at at least one of them in 2008. I'll have missed all 3 of the challenges this year for various reasons.

Dennis
wheland
Inspector

Postby shirin » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:43 am

I bet you're right Dennis. Now that I think about it, that rings a bell. I'm so far out of the lighthousing loop these days I was suprised I heard about the Maine Challenge.
shirin
Lt. Commissioner

Postby PaulCoover » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:54 pm

I have heard the rumor of another challenge scheduled that weekend. If anyone knows anything about this, could you please let me know? I had thought that there were no others planned at that time, and I have been unable to find any info about this other event.
PaulCoover
1st Assistant Keeper

Postby wheland » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:26 pm

PaulCoover wrote:I have heard the rumor of another challenge scheduled that weekend. If anyone knows anything about this, could you please let me know? I had thought that there were no others planned at that time, and I have been unable to find any info about this other event.

Paul,

I'll try and contact the person I was speaking with at the NJLHS meeting last weekend about this.

He told me that there were to be two "new" Challenges in 2008- the Maine one which started in 2007 and the Cape cod one. He had no info on the dates of either at the time.

Dennis
wheland
Inspector

Postby PaulCoover » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:33 pm

Well, I suspect that the person who mentioned this heard about it from me! I hope I can get this cleared up soon. I don't want any conflicting dates!
PaulCoover
1st Assistant Keeper

Postby shirin » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:03 pm

SO I now hear that is it Martha's Vineyard that is having the challenge that is the same weekend as the one in Maine.

AND...a spring or summer challenge in Florida.

Perhaps it's a good thing I'm getting my new car tomorrow.
shirin
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Grover1 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:30 pm

Florida in the spring sounds interesting ...
Believe those who search for the truth ...
Doubt those who find it ...
Grover1
Lighthouse God

Previous

Return to New England Lighthouses