|

New England Lighthouse Tours

A forum to discuss lighthouses in the New England Region of the US
(Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Vermont)

Moderator: vacastle

Postby Keeper » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:31 am

I've been developing a new tour business, and I want the people on this site to be the first to know. It will be announced to the public soon, probably within a couple of weeks.

I'll be running bus tours, based in Portsmouth, every week starting in late May and going into early October. I'm working with a bus company located nearby in Kittery, Maine.

Every Thursday, a "Lighthouses of Portsmouth & Portland Lighthouse" trip will leave Portsmouth at 8:30 a.m. (All day parking is available for 75¢ an hour at the downtown garage.) There will be a tour inside Portsmouth Harbor Light, followed by a visit to Portland Head Light and its museum. Lunch will be at Joe's Boathouse, by the water in South Portland. After visits to Portland Breakwater Light and Spring Point Ledge Light, we'll stop at Lighthouse Depot for shopping on the way back. The last stop will be the Cape Neddick "Nubble" Light. The bus will return to downtown Portsmouth at 6:00 p.m. This tour will be $89 for adults and $59 for children 12 or under, lunch included.

Every Friday, I'm offering a "Seacoast Lights & Portsmouth Harbor" trip, leaving at 8:30. After a tour of Portsmouth Harbor Light, we'll board the M/V Heritage for a 75-minute narrated cruise of Portsmouth Harbor, including a close look at Whaleback Light. We'll then visit the Nubble Light and return to Portsmouth around 1:00 p.m. This tour will be $49 for adults, $39 for children 12 and under.

I'm also planning to offer at least a couple of special tours, possibly more than one day. I'm thinking of a trip to Rockland that would include a guided tour of the Maine Lighthouse Museum and some of the lighthouses around there, staying overnight for one night in Rockland. If anyone has suggestions for other tours, please let me know. I'd also be interested to know if any of you think you'd take part in any of these tours.
Keeper
Assistant Inspector

Postby Paul » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:42 am

Jeremy - Sounds like your planning some very interesting and exciting tours! I think a lot of people will go for the "Seacoast Lights & Portsmouth Harbor" trip! The price is very reasonable. Good luck with your new venture! Let me know when you get underway.

My best,
Paul
Help Keep Ken Black's Dream Alive
Join or Make a Donation Today!

Maine Lighthouse Museum
One Park Drive P.O. Box 1116
Rockland, Maine 04841

(207) 594-3301

www.MaineLighthouseMuseum.org
Paul
Assistant Inspector

Postby vacastle » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:02 am

Congratulations, Jeremy! This is exciting news, and I am most definately interested.

Just sent you an email.

Judy :D
New England Lighthouse Lovers
http://www.nell.cc/index.htm
vacastle
Lighthouse Master

Postby Keeper » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:38 am

Tickets for my tours are now available on my site:

http://www.lighthouse.cc/tours/

In addition to the regularly scheduled tours, I can put together custom tours for groups of any size. Just contact me if you're in the market for something like that.
Keeper
Assistant Inspector

Return to New England Lighthouses