|

Harbor-of-Refuge now live with PayPal

If you have a lighthouse-related site, or know of one, list it in this forum!
Note: If you want to advertise your commercial site, ask for permission from one of the moderators or administrators first.

Postby Hersh » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:55 am

Lately I've been struggling with how to increase sales on my web site, and one thing I noticed was that it was kind of a tedious process for customers to actually place an order for a print. So after some looking around, I decided to upgrade my existing PayPal account to a business account and integrate the PayPal shopping cart into the site.

Once I got rolling it was pretty easy, I just started this past Sunday and just a few minutes ago I finished putting shopping cart buttons on every single photo page.

I stuck to cart buttons just for standard sizes, for larger prints or custom sizes people will still need to e-mail me, but I'm hoping this enhancement will make my site more user friendly overall.

One other nice feature, PayPal now does not require customers to sign up for an account to make a purchase, so it works as well for non members as members. That was a big plus for me.

So if any of you guys with your own sites are looking at making this kind of move, I'll help you out with the limited knowledge I've gained in the last week. I'm really hoping it will be a spark for me.
Mike Hershberger
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

http://www.harbor-of-refuge.com
Hersh
Lighthouse Master

Postby Ross » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:06 am

I've been using this for a while now, and I've even written scripts to work with the buttons and pulldown menus to adjust pricing, based on size, etc. Works really nice and the customers not having to be signed up with Paypal is very useful!
Ross
LH.net Administrator

Postby Hersh » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:13 am

That was what I was wanting to do Ross, but I had no idea how to do it so I just made an individual button for each size. Since I don't feel like re-doing every page again I think I'll leave it as it is.
Mike Hershberger
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

http://www.harbor-of-refuge.com
Hersh
Lighthouse Master

Return to Lighthouse Websites