|

Texas Lights.info

If you have a lighthouse-related site, or know of one, list it in this forum!
Note: If you want to advertise your commercial site, ask for permission from one of the moderators or administrators first.

Postby Zachary » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:12 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm finally able to get back into this site (For some reason, Admin Secure kept "locking me out") and I want to announce my new site.
I obtained a domain name via a contest at my webhost and I'm building a new site to go with it. The new site will focus it's attention to every lighthouse in Texas, from Matagorda to Lake Fork (my Bolivar site will still be online for that particular light). You can preview what I had in mind at http://www.txlights.info/txlights/index2.htm. I've put the pages for Half Moon Reef & Lydia Ann Channel up so you can preview how it would all look.
If you just go to http://www.txlights.info, you will be taken to "Bolivar Point by Zachary", but once it's finished, Texas Lights.inf will be accessed through there.
Zachary
Head Keeper

Postby Hersh » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:05 pm

Congrats on winning the contest, looks like you're off to a good start on the site.
Mike Hershberger
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

http://www.harbor-of-refuge.com
Hersh
Lighthouse Master

Postby Zachary » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:35 am

Thanks, since (until yesteray) I wasn't able to access this site, I asked on the Collector Forums if someone would post it here, I guess they didn't.
Anyway, just to let you know how far I've gotten, up to Port Isabel, but, the weekend is coming and I'll be able to make more pages then.
I'm also waiting for replies from the owners of the Lighthouses at Lake Fork & Lake Texoma (both being parts of resorts).
In case you're wondering...
Lake Fork
Lake Texoma
I'll have links to all of Texas' lighthouse resorts on my site when it's done.
Zachary
Head Keeper

Postby beachbum1616 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:30 pm

I am looking forward to seeing the finished product! Keep up the good work!
Stephen

beachbum1616
Lighthouse Master

Postby Zachary » Wed May 11, 2005 3:08 pm

I have put it online, I've just been waiting for Kraig (LHFriends) to give me permission to use his images (and he did). Just click on my sig (I'll change the banner eventually). As of right now though, only the pages for the Present lights (Bolivar, Half Moon Reef, Lydia, Matagorda, Port Isabel, Sabine Bank, and Sabine East Jetty) are up. I have yet to make the others.
Zachary
Head Keeper

Postby plebetkin » Thu May 12, 2005 9:38 am

Zachary, your first link comes up with an error message. The second link looks good.
good friends mean good times
plebetkin
Lighthouse God

Return to Lighthouse Websites