Unfortunate news RE TXLights & Gulf Lights

If you have a lighthouse-related site, or know of one, list it in this forum!
Note: If you want to advertise your commercial site, ask for permission from one of the moderators or administrators first.

Postby Zachary » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:54 am

Both are dead....my webhost went under and I never have the time to update them anyway, later I'll upload the Natl Archive Pics to ImageStation since I really do consider them public property and wish to share them with you guys.
Head Keeper

Postby Hersh » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:06 am

Sorry to hear about that Zachary. I know it can be tough to keep a site updated. Maybe in the future you'll have the time and the inclination to try it again.
Mike Hershberger
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

Lighthouse Master

Postby Biggy » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:13 am

Zachary... What a shame. But you know what? I have a suggestion, since being a writer I often have run into dead ends with moving things along. My suggestion is this: Take some time off from it, maybe six months to a year, and then see if your interest is still in it. If so, go back to it. If not, bury for another short time and try again. Perhaps you just need a break from some of the overwhelming tasks regarding your project. It happens. But if you feel strongly about it, you'll get that urge again.
Check out www.biggysphotosetc.com for updates on David's upcoming book, Lighthouses: Maine to Florida, scheduled for an April release by Schiffer Publishing.
Assistant Inspector

Postby epona » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:02 pm

Zachary allow yourself to feel the emotion of lose over your projects. You put a good deal of time - effort and money into what you where doing. You have a strong interest in lighthouses - I do hope that you continue to have this interest.

David is right all or most of us have reached dead ends with projects. Sometimes you just have to put things in the tickle or save files for a while. A good number of people on this board have had to for various reasons such as a job move or family or health have had to not be as active in the lighthouse or other activities. It is a life.

Zachary please continue post here if you feel like it.

Carole AKA Epona
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Zachary » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:05 pm

I'll still post here and hold my interest in Lighthouses, but I have a job, school, I own a house which I need to fix up & rent out, and other things. That may explain my low number of posts here recently as well. I still have all my website files on my PC and if I find the time, I may revive my websites. The main reason they're dead though is because my webhost is dead, http://www.wbbhost4u.com

Now the house I bought is going to eat up a lot of my time until I get it spruced up, here's pics of it if you want to see what kind of work it needs, Image Station Album: Cabin Pics. I want it to look like this when I'm done, Image Station Album: 3D Cabin Renditions

The plus though is it's about a mile or so waay from the Lake Conroe Lighthouse, so expect pictures....
Head Keeper

Postby shirin » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:55 pm

I'm in the same boat as you on the sprucing up a house! Hopefully once you get everything settled you'll be back to your site.
Lt. Commissioner

Return to Lighthouse Websites