|

Lighthouse Art website

If you have a lighthouse-related site, or know of one, list it in this forum!
Note: If you want to advertise your commercial site, ask for permission from one of the moderators or administrators first.

Postby derekmccrea » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:29 pm

Derek McCrea
Lighthouse Watercolor Artist
http://www.derekmccrea.50megs.com/photo3.html
derekmccrea
Visitor

Postby Rob143 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:50 pm

This is one mans opinion but I find it in bad taste joining this forum for the purpose of free advertising of your art.

I'll keep the rest of my opinion to myself.
Rob143
Head Keeper

Postby Grover1 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:33 pm

... and Rob, I concur ... especially since this was posted here in the forums on 12/20 as newsworthy ... http://www.lighthousing.net/modules.php ... ght=#72331
Believe those who search for the truth ...
Doubt those who find it ...
Grover1
Lighthouse God

Postby Gary Martin » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:21 pm

This isn't the first time nor the first forum that this individual has joined just to promote himself. Personally, I find that sort of behavior completely tasteless, especially when coupled with a general lack of participation.
Gary Martin
Lighthouse Master

Postby Hersh » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:16 pm

The least someone could do would be to post more than their name and a URL. At least type a sentence or two as an introduction so it's not so obvious what you're doing.
Mike Hershberger
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

http://www.harbor-of-refuge.com
Hersh
Lighthouse Master

Postby epona » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:15 pm

Self promotion without self disclosure is in very bad taste and form. As a rule and for the most part most of time people who post are respectful about this. Sometimes all of can get a bit boastful went we have something we think is worthy of selling. I see not too much wrong with the right to brag at times. However this has it's own time and place. Does everyone get my drift.
epona
Lt. Commissioner

Postby MontaukPoint » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:55 pm

I have agree with the others. This behavior (taking advantage of a free forum to advertise your business) is in bad taste. Doing it on Christmas, a day of giving, is even worse.

I have no problem with people posting their websites, but at least include some background (even just one sentence) and be active in other aspects of the forum system as well. Don't just join, post a URL and leave. Many others have posted their websites here (including me), but those that have are active in the forums and do not just use Lighthousing.net as a place for free advertising.

Alan
MontaukPoint
LH.net Administrator

Postby Ross » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:30 pm

I think rather than delete the original post, I'll let you guys have at it ... ;)
Ross
LH.net Administrator

Return to Lighthouse Websites