|

Braddock Point lighthouse

A forum to discuss non-specific lighthouse topics. If a topic doesn't fit into one of the other forums, put it here.

Postby town » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 am

Our family are the proud owners of Braddock Point lighthouse on the shores of Lake Ontario near Rochester NY. It is a working lighthouse and has been masterfully restored and is quite a treasure. We are pleased to announce that this summer we will be opening up our lighthouse as a bed and breakfast on a very limited basis. We own a wonderful BnB in Central Florida and will bring our expertise to Braddock this summer. For those interested, it is on a first come basis and is extremely limited. We can be reached at: (863) 984-4008, thank you for your support, Don and Nandy Town
town
Visitor

Postby CHUCKX53 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:50 pm

I got to meet Don Town, the new proprietor of the Braddock Point Lighthouse Bed & Breakfast, earlier this month. Don is a real friendly fellow, who graciously offered us a tour of the house and light, which I delightfully accepted.

I just can't describe how neat the place was inside, there was just too much awesome stuff to relate here. Climbing the tower and walking around the rail was something I never thought I would ever be able to do at this light, so it was a treat beyond measure. And Don is such a super, down-to-earth guy, meeting him was definitely a high point of our trip.

I would recommend to all that they take the opportunity to stay at this light. The views of the lakefront are stunning. Thanks to you, Don, for providing us this experience !
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
CHUCKX53
Inspector

Return to General Lighthouse Discussion