|

PETA trying again

A forum to discuss non-specific lighthouse topics. If a topic doesn't fit into one of the other forums, put it here.

Postby LighthouseNews » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:05 pm

I followed an incoming link to my site, and lo and behold, PETA is trying for a non-profit lighthouse again. :roll:

I'm hoping it's just another of their publicity ploys to call attention to their Fish Empathy quilt project.

http://blog.peta.org/archives/2009/06/p ... es_for.php

I have lots of empathy for fish, as long as that empathy gets them to the end of my line and into my frying pan.
LighthouseNews
Head Keeper

Postby ericlighthouse » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:08 am

Part of the PETA quote "fish are intelligent animals who learn tasks, use tools,"

THEY USE TOOLS! Got to see that picture.
President of Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation, Godfather of Jones Point River Lighthouse, member and EVP of Florida Lighthouse Association and member of other lighthouse groups.
ericlighthouse
Assistant Inspector

Postby CHUCKX53 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:55 am

Haven't you ever seen "THE INCREDIBLE MISTER LIMPETT" (1964) with Don Knotts ??
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
CHUCKX53
Inspector

Postby jaymatt1978 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:35 am

I thinkl that lighthouse groups should challenge PETA to proove they are actually taking care of the lighthouse not just worrying about the animals. Look I'm all for their rights to do whatever they want with the land, but they have a responsibility to preseve the lighthouse. I'm typing this while chewing on a piece of bacon!
jaymatt1978
Keeper

Postby Blacktphoto » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:03 am

Justin, I think you are absolutely right. It's pretty clear that their motivation has little to do with preserving the lights (as they themselves have admitted). As such, I think that the non-profits eligable for these structures must have the primary goal of preservation in mind when their application is reviewed prior to public auction.

If someone understands this to be otherwise, please say so.
Blacktphoto
1st Assistant Keeper

Postby MontaukPoint » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:09 pm

PETA has always been a little "ODD" (and I use that term became I am in a nice mood right now :lol: ). This is not surprising, nor is their groundbreaking statement that fish use tools...

I am sure deep down somewhere they have good intentions, but they take it too far way too often. Perhaps they should go back to protesting outside KFCs & MacDonalds :wink: (this is sarcastic, politically-correct persons on this forum), and leave lighthouse preservation to those that actually care about it.
-----
Lighthousing.net Administrator

Lighthouse Photography and More:
http://www.alanbotphotography.com
MontaukPoint
LH.net Administrator

Postby CHUCKX53 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:50 am

Makes you wonder why these people don't just get some used ship, and dock it somewhere -- They could run their "Empathy Project" from there -- It would be mobile, and with a galley, they could serve all the fake fish sticks their little hearts desired..........

Like I said in annother post, I have empathy for all fish (& meat, Etc.) right up to the moment that it winds up on my plate -- And I always eat them with RESPECT.........

I would like to see how they use "Tools", though -- Many years ago, we had an aquarium, and for the life of me, I could never see any of my little fish guys attempting to build anything -- Other than sucking up the little colored rocks and spitting them back out -- Does that count ?

Maybe I should just ask the experts -- Anybody seen Charlie Tuna lately ? Nemo ?
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
CHUCKX53
Inspector

Postby Rob143 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:14 pm

CHUCKX53 wrote:Makes you wonder why these people don't just get some used ship, and dock it somewhere -- They could run their "Empathy Project" from there -- It would be mobile, and with a galley, they could serve all the fake fish sticks their little hearts desired..........

My guess would be because that would require an expenditure of both monies and effort. Doing it the way they are they get ongoing publicity in many areas of the country and it requires nothing more than a filing.

I do hope they follow your suggestion though. May I suggest a prime location to dock their little Minnow III and sell their fake fish sticks? I'm thinking that Somalia would be a great place for them. :twisted:
Rob143
Head Keeper

Postby MontaukPoint » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:23 pm

Rob143 wrote:May I suggest a prime location to dock their little Minnow III and sell their fake fish sticks? I'm thinking that Somalia would be a great place for them. :twisted:

No, no, Rob. The pirates wouldn't go for something that small. May I suggest dropping anchor off of North Korea? :lol:
MontaukPoint
LH.net Administrator

Postby Rob143 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:44 pm

MontaukPoint wrote:
Rob143 wrote:May I suggest a prime location to dock their little Minnow III and sell their fake fish sticks? I'm thinking that Somalia would be a great place for them. :twisted:

No, no, Rob. The pirates wouldn't go for something that small. May I suggest dropping anchor off of North Korea? :lol:

Target practice...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

You may be on to something there.
Rob143
Head Keeper

Postby Grover1 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:10 am

From The Holland Sentinel ... Reading backwards ... "Just dont mess with the lighthouses"

The complete column ... http://www.hollandsentinel.com/opinions ... f-the-pier
Believe those who search for the truth ...
Doubt those who find it ...
Grover1
Lighthouse God

Postby CHUCKX53 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:02 am

Barry, that is a real hoot :yay: -- More communities should stand up to these whack-Jobs and let them know that they are not welcome anywhere around their lighthouses......

Perhaps these Psycos could co-opt some barns somewhere and try to save a few heifers from being turned into hamberger or steaks, or better yet.........

It seems that nobody is looking out for the rights of the Amoeba, the smallest animal known ( according to the World Book Encyclopedia) -- These tiny animals are being abused by the millions every day, and PETA is doing nothing to help them !!! 8O

Where is the Love :?: :?:
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
CHUCKX53
Inspector

Postby boats » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:22 pm

Can we send them a box of mouse traps, and tell them its Okay to hurry them selfs.. We'll keep the cheese :whistle: "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Return to General Lighthouse Discussion