|

Lighthouses on the PETA BLOG

A forum to discuss non-specific lighthouse topics. If a topic doesn't fit into one of the other forums, put it here.

Postby jaymatt1978 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:06 pm

Ok here's the chance we all have be dying to get!! PETA has posted something about trying to obtain lighthouses on their blog. I already postedb on their blog that I hope they remember to maintain the lighthouse as well as preserve the wildlife. I urge all members to post a comment on their blog. PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL!! No comments like they are complete idiot or anything! I have decided to become the pointman for this project. However I URGE the heads of lighthouse orginizations to weigh in on this important matter. The link to the bllog is listed below :!:

http://blog.peta.org/archives/2007/07/p ... thouse.php
jaymatt1978
Keeper

Postby CHUCKX53 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:14 pm

I don't know, Justin...I've made some unflattering comments about those kooks here...As I said before, I don't want them to have access to MY address....Last thing I need is to Have my E-mail bombarded with more spam or humane-trap threats.....

I don't communicate well with people who believe fish carry on conversations and use tools to do simple tasks, or believe that nasty disgusting FLIES deserve any other fate than to be killed.....Or any other kind of nut-job fringe groups either....

I do believe that animals should be humanely treated...(But I'm still going to eat them)...But also, I believe Lighthouses should be humanely treated...(I'm not going to eat them).....My main "beef" with these people is they're trying to co-opt Lighthouses to further their Idiot "empthy" program....

I see what you would like to accomplish here, and If others on the board can do this, that's fine...But I'm not going anywhere near their territory...I'd be liable to start dropping in some snarky comments, and I know that's not the aim of what you would want...
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
CHUCKX53
Inspector

Postby Rob143 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:03 pm

Chuck,

Set up a garbage email address at one of the many free online sites. Something like fisharetasty@yahoo.com has a nice ring to it. Somewhere years down the road when that inbox finally becomes full of their spam maybe they'll start getting them bounced back but all along you'll never be troubled by a bit of it.

I would have to agree that youpeoplearebloomingidiots@yahoo.com might not convey the desired message. Ok, so it actually would but it reflects poorly on us too.
Rob143
Head Keeper

Postby CHUCKX53 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:12 pm

Rob, I did kinda sneak over to their site some time back, and this is what happened.........

....... =)).......... =)).......... =)).......... =)).......

I was laughing so much, I didn't bother to leave a post.......Just as well.................

But I DO like your suggestion......... :evil:
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
CHUCKX53
Inspector

Postby Ross » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:50 am

All they want from this is publicity, and posting comments good or bad is giving them what they want. They have no desire in the world to preserve a lighthouse, at least not primarily. They're goals are many and often times far-fetched, they feed on the tons of public exposure they get, which is why they do these silly things.

PETA, People Eating Tasty Animals!
Ross
LH.net Administrator

Postby CHUCKX53 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:14 am

Yeah, I agree with you Ross....They are a fringe group, as far as I am concerened, and I have no Intent to further their cause by posting anything on their site.....

Sure is good for a laugh, though..... :lol:
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
CHUCKX53
Inspector

Postby Hersh » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:38 pm

If I thought they had any kind of legitimate chance at actually being awarded a lighthouse I might just care about this. But the fact is, with the government processes in place, there is no way this side of hades those wingnuts will ever get a lighthouse through the government program.

With that being the case, I have much more important things to do than legitimize their existence by my posting on their site. About all I'd do to prove my point to them is go to their houses and barbecue their pets and serve them with a nice salad and potatoes.
Mike Hershberger
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

http://www.harbor-of-refuge.com
Hersh
Lighthouse Master

Return to General Lighthouse Discussion