|

Another Nordic Finn lighthouse update

A forum to discuss lighthouses on the West Coast Region of the US
(California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Hawaii)

Postby boats » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:12 am

:D Merry Christmas to you as well, ok Christmas has gone by. So how about Happy New Year 2014. What to do in the new year is not known yet, you make plans, then the year gets going and you forgot the plans. The folks in D.C. do that every year, so you need to think for your self and the family. We got to make 2014 a better year then the last four. Make Fast mates, bear arms and be safe, do the right thing for family and country, that's a wide though, get busy. Happy new year. "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby BMR » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:50 am

Looking north the Dave's land, I'm almost embarrassed to say I only dug out of about 10 inches of snow a little while ago ... but
let it be said, to all the weather people who said "don't worry, its the light powdery snow, easy to shovel" Well, no it isnt!
... and Kevin, I dont know that I even want to know the temperature there :wink:

Boats ... Happy New Year ... be safe, be warm, be happy ...
There are two pips in a beaut, four beauts in a lulu,
eight lulus in a doozy, and sixteen doozies in a humdinger.
No one knows how many humdingers there are in a lollapalooza.
BMR
Keeper

Postby CHUCKX53 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:08 pm

Try 22" inches and a rather hectic and bone cold week.....Shades of 1994 !! :roll:
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
CHUCKX53
Inspector

Postby boats » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:31 pm

Happy New Year all you lighthouse fans. Don't know what is up with the weather across the country, even over in England there having a bit of a go with weather which in not normal. Last year we got hit with five feet of snow and this year so far was a half inch of the white stuff. Just been warm in the 20/30s and some high 40s. Not having a ton of snow is fine with me. But I keep an eye out for that storm that will come in the night down from Alaska with a bone in the teeth of pain of that ton of snow.. I'm Ready.. Got a new front loader to move the stuff. "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby CHUCKX53 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:32 am

A Merry New Year to you also Boats. Much of our snow was washed away by the rain and the bitter polar cold has retreated for the moment....Back to a regular winter for us I hope for the rest of it. Spring can't get her fast enough for me, and that's the only sure forecast. Hope you & yours are weathering well and can set sail when the balmy tines come around again. :)
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
CHUCKX53
Inspector

Postby island » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:03 pm

It appears Boats has gone awol again for yet another month. Perhaps spending lots of time navigating his new front loader.
island
Lt. Commissioner

Postby island » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:07 pm

island
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:36 am

I.ve never been AWOL from any where, made a few left turns on a right turn only roads a few times, but I always get there. Yes Dave I have been busy on my new John Deere Loader, move snow, dirt, and bushes in the tree line when not raining or snowing. Rented a man lift to work on the lighthouse a few times when not raining. Here the rain is a problem most of the winter, we don't tan, we rust year round. We are over on rain again this year, then again you folks got a boat load of bad weather too this year. So welcome to my world of bad weather. You know most of the lighthouse news has not made much news in the last few years on West or East coast, not hard a thing out here like before 2000. Since this site went on the back burner and folks dropped off the site and gone over to Face Book. The world is on the dog on site, too much said over there. So I'm here folks, I play my records, my tapes, and I don't have a smart phone. Out in the forest it kind of nice, town is 13 miles away, what more could I ask for ?.. The bear know me, stay out of my yards, the deer come each night for there feed, yep the bear comes in at bad time and cleans up what the deer left. So I stay busy, but don't over do it., coffee breaks or many here. Now what say you all out there. And I still can't get a photo to come this site.. Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Previous

Return to West Coast Lighthouses