|

Nordic Finn Lighthouse update.

A forum to discuss lighthouses on the West Coast Region of the US
(California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Hawaii)

Postby boats » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:47 pm

New update, the mound for the 35 foot lighthouse is now done. I moved some 40 yards of dirt to make ready to poor cement pad. 18x18 x two and a half foot high mound of dirt. the pad will be one foot high of cement. now its need to site for about four weeks. A new sound system and new grounds lighting around Eternal Sea Point Memorial Lighthouse. The weather reporting system which I can put as web site for weather reporting for this area. September 9th is making way on us so I'm working my KEEL OFF to be ready. Any one know of a web site that I need to get on so I can add photos to this site. Stand by for more U/D. "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Leah Loar-Mays » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:45 pm

Can't wait for those pictures, Boats! And be careful out there--we don't need you "keeling" over!!! :D
Leah
Leah Loar-Mays
Lighthouse Master

Postby boats » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:43 pm

Good one Leah =)) will send some photos your way. The weather is just right here in the North West, 47f at night and about 70/80f during the day with rain off and on. But we see a short summer this year and snow coming maybe in late Oct. Just a weather foot note. Some one tell me how to put picture on this site, just maybe I'll learn something new. I know most of you folks or out having fun going from one lighthouse to another, so in you spare time ring my bell and tell me anything new. Coffee time , got to go.. "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:19 am

New UPDATE, like you folks need to know :roll: . The man lift will be here in the morning so I can repaint the lighthouse. O-most have every thing ready for the Sept 9th, been working till dark every night. So far the weather is holding, except now that I'm ready to paint the weather is calling for rain for the week-end :x .. and this paint needs a good 36 hours to dry. We had to get family help in to get ahead which was great. Since I don't know how to post photos here, I'll only be able to tell you how it went. "Boats".. :D
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:54 pm

See Part 2. "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Previous

Return to West Coast Lighthouses