|

"The Light at Point Arena" Documentary to air on P

A forum to discuss lighthouses on the West Coast Region of the US
(California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Hawaii)

Postby Corby » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:23 pm

Hey there...Thought some of you may be interested in this...

My documentary, telling the history of the Point Arena,California lighthouse, was recently selected to air on KIXE PBS in Redding, California. The programming director really liked it, and wrote back the day that he recieved it saying that they would air it on the 4th of July (TV premeire) and beyond....Then today, my co-producer called and said that the Santa Rosa, CA PBS station (call #'s escape me) likes it and will air it in September:) This is all very good news for the restoration effort that is ongoing there! There will be some press in the North State (Redding and Chico papers next week) foretelling of the TV premeire, as well as press locally here in Aspen, Colorado next week. The show will air on GrassRoots TV here in the Roaring Fork Valley on the 4th of July (it is a GrassRoots production, and I run the place, so that was easy!), and the local press has taken a liking to the story of a couple of mountian boys wanting to help save a lighthouse in California...

The film is available at the Point Arena gift shop, and a few other shops around the Point Arena area, or aI can be reached at thelightatpointarena@yahoo.com if anyone is interested in a copy...Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, the Lighthouse Depot folks are dragging their heels and not really helping us attempt to get he word out..If anyone has any pull....

Anyway, thought this might be of interest and take care:)
Corby Anderson
Producer
Curious Productions
Corby
Visitor

Postby shirin » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:35 am

Congratulations on the airing of your program. I'm sure you are extremely excited about this and it sounds great that you will also be getting all the news out with the press. It's also great to know that news about the restoration at that light will be getting out to the public.
shirin
Lt. Commissioner

Postby plebetkin » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:39 am

congratulations on your upcoming debut. It's exciting to see one's work rewarded by being shown, and it's exciting to create interest in lighthouses for others
good friends mean good times
plebetkin
Lighthouse God

Postby mikev » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:34 pm

Congratulations :yay: !

I'll look forward to seeing this when it hits national PBS distribution!
Mike Vogel
Buffalo Lighthouse/ALCC

mikev
Keeper

Postby Corby » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:24 pm

Thank you very much....Not sure that it will ever make it nationally, of course I hope so, but either way thanks! If anyone is in the area of far Northern California on the 4th it will air on KIXE then,....Santa Rosa station (readches into SF I hear) will air in Sept. at some time to be determined:)
-C
Corby
Visitor

Postby Leah Loar-Mays » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:32 pm

Whether it goes national or not, it's still quite an accomplishment! Congratulations! :D
Leah
Leah Loar-Mays
Lighthouse Master

Return to West Coast Lighthouses