|

30 foot lighthouse

A forum to discuss lighthouses on the West Coast Region of the US
(California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Hawaii)

Postby boats » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:55 am

The 30 foot lighthouse is now in the building way, the lower floor and the upper plate was cut to the first 7 foot section, both or 72 inch (6 ft). The lower barbate will take about a month to frame up with 116 cut parts. The other three 8 foot sections and machine room plus lamp room will come at different times. We know it will come out of the shop in about a year at around two tons. A memorial brass plate with the names of folks we lost will be added, and yes Peter will be on that list. If you folks know of any one you wish to add let me know. "Boats" Lighthouse Keeper.
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Hersh » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:36 am

Glad to hear that things are moving along Boats, be sure to keep us posted on the progress when you have a free minute between building and brewing coffee.
Mike Hershberger
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

http://www.harbor-of-refuge.com
Hersh
Lighthouse Master

Postby boats » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:35 pm

Well the first 7 foot section is done and ready to be moved out off its building way, its about 800 lbs without the skin, wiring and vents and so on. Been painted inside, ladder well with out the ladder is done, ladder will come last. I'll be able to go up in this lighthouse all the way to the lamp. At 30+ feet you don't put a ladder up from the outside to change the light. Not me.. "Boats"
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Leah Loar-Mays » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:00 am

Be sure to send photos of your progress, Boats!!!! I guess this will keep you busy through the winter months! :wink:
Leah
Leah Loar-Mays
Lighthouse Master

Postby boats » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:52 am

Leah, I'll send you a few photos. I still can't put them on line in LH.N, Yep... I will be working on this one right up till Sept 06. Freedom Point Lighthouse is her name and we want to have her on the pad by Sept 11th. This was the one that was going to New York, but the folks there or still trying to make up there minds on what there building, the people I was talking with left there, I guess they had enough of the BS and so on. So she will make Seabeck home for all to see. "Boats".
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Leah Loar-Mays » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:56 pm

Check out Boats' photo album for the first 3 construction photos. I'm sure there will be more to come!!!! :D
Leah
Leah Loar-Mays
Lighthouse Master

Return to West Coast Lighthouses