|

north west snow

A forum to discuss lighthouses on the West Coast Region of the US
(California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Hawaii)

Postby boats » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:16 am

Oh its doing it again,"SNOWING". Can't have Christmas with out SNOW can we, =)) .. Oh I hope you all or having a grand up coming Christmas, with snow of course. :roll: . just though I'd pass it alone."SNOWING" :D "Boats"
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby shirin » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:57 am

Glad the snow is out your way and not here! I'm on my way south on Wednesday where the temps are 10-20 degrees warmer than Connecticut and the most that is forcasted for the next 15 days is maybe a little rain. I'm certainly looking forward to avoiding the ice storm that caused me to sit in the Columbia, SC airport last year after Christmas for 10 hours because they didn't have enough de-icer for all of their planes. While I don't mind the snow if I'm going to be home, I certainly don't enjoy it when I know I'm going to be traveling.
shirin
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:17 pm

iTS DOING IT AGAIN, the snow is now down in my area now. Started snowing at 1350 and we may get the boat load. What a deal. :roll: "Boats"
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Gary Martin » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:57 pm

Hey Boats, what's a "boat load" equate to?
Gary Martin
Lighthouse Master

Postby boats » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:31 pm

Well Gary, its like this. all the passes east or shut down because of the snow. we have the stuff coming down on us as slash and snow, we or 22 inches over the normal rain, there is a big storm coming down from the N/W with a cold front 2000 miles long, the SUN went way south at great speed, our high today was 35f, my dog is learning how to use the head as she does not want to go out side, :roll: .. and as I look out side right now watching the stuff come down, I think I will stay in to night myself. =)) as for the boat load, if I had one it would get loaded very fast."Boats"
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:11 am

More snow today, three inches. What a deal, but "FUN". 8) "Boats"
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby epona » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:13 am

Southern Maine has been very lucky this winter. The winter storms seem to be going North or South of this area. However the icy roads, streets, and sidewalks are something I can do without.

Epona
epona
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:59 pm

A surprise in the weather for us here in the north west. no rain or snow for a few days, just wind. :roll: And then the mix of weather will be back, Ya got to love this place, There an no placle , like this place, any where near this place, Soooooo this must be the PLACE. :whistle: "Boats"
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:03 pm

no place, no place, did I get it right =)) Oh I was one cup short. "Boats"
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Gary Martin » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:09 pm

We've had a very mild winter here to say the least too.... 50F here today, which is nearly 20 degrees warmer than normal for the high. We had a lot of snow in December, about 35 inches and not much since other than a dusting of an inch or two at a time that promptly melts because of the unseasonably warm weather. Lake Michigan HAS NOT FROZEN. This is the only year of the 10 that I've live here that we haven't had ice along the lakeshore at least and that usually goes out for at least a couple of miles, but no this year at all.
Gary Martin
Lighthouse Master

Postby boats » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:58 pm

Well now , not only do we have the most rain and snow. Now we just had an earthquake, 3.5, what a deal. the news stations or busy. Oh about half and half, earthquake and seahawks, man this place is "HOT".. maybe its because the hawks or in Moe town =)) . the second one this week. 8O I better sleep with one eye open and the door open. :roll: "Boats"
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Gary Martin » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:28 pm

Sorry, Boats but the Seahawks are going to get their wings clipped and their tail feathers ruffled by Pittsburgh where I grew up :!:
Gary Martin
Lighthouse Master

Postby boats » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:54 am

Hold on Gary, them hawks will fly in low and take out the power. This I know will be one bad ass game, :roll: I'll give the hawks 10 over and 10 less for that other team, whats there name again =)) Boats"
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Previous

Return to West Coast Lighthouses