|

Any tips for a short visit to the Olympic Peninsula

A forum to discuss lighthouses on the West Coast Region of the US
(California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Hawaii)

Postby TWolfe » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:34 am

Hello,

We're planning our almost annual trip to the San Juan Islands in Washington State in June to watch whales, see some lighthouses and relax. It will be my 8th trip and Randy's 6th. We rented the same waterfront house on the west side of San Juan Island that we stayed in the last two trips.

Before we head to San Juan Island, we are planning to stay a few days in either Port Townsend or Sequim. When I was searching for lodging options, I found that there's lodging at Fort Worden. Last time I checked there was one 2bedroom/2bath Non-Commissioned Officers and the Alexander's Castle available. Anyone familiar with the housing there?

Finally, I would really like to see the New Dungeness Lighthouse, but we don't have a full day to walk or kayak to it. If the weather cooperates, I'll probably want to do a flight to see Point Wilson, New Dungeness & possibly Cape Flattery on Friday morning. So, that would just leave an afternoon to visit New Dungeness. I did a brief search for charter boats but didn't have any luck. Any ideas? If it doesn't work out, we'll try another year.

Thanks,

Tammy
TWolfe
Keeper

Postby boats » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:30 am

Tammy,you'll be in my back yard. Bring rain gear, we plan on a wet summer this year. Sequim is across the Hood Canal from Seabeck where we live. Fort Worden is a good place as my son likes that place too. If you look under Port Townsend in search you'll find other places to stay, many B&B in the area. Then there is Eteral Sea point memorial Lighthouse which is us here in Seabeck. Send me you address and I'll send the summer paper which has info on what is going on and places to visit and more. You just might like it here. :D "Boats"
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Return to West Coast Lighthouses