|

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2007

A forum to discuss lighthouses on the West Coast Region of the US
(California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Hawaii)

Postby boats » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:26 am

Well now, here we are about to cut out 2006 and start a new year 2007. Much has happen over this year and I wounder what the New Year will bring. In September I plan on having Freedom Point up on the pad, and at the same time bring down Eternal Sea Point Lighthouse down for a refit after four years. The weather this year was hard on us out here and it shows on the lighthouse. I did a refit on Hood Canal Point lighthouse this year and its time too bring Eternal Sea up todate as well. So my plans or set to be a busy year. Want to wish all you folks a Happy New New Year and be safe in crossing over too 2007. :D "Boats"
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby epona » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:21 pm

Boats and everyone I wish you all a great New Year. Having an a Birthday Yesterday it really is a new year for me. It snowed a few inches here on the coast. I did not get to go to the ocean - the snow and cold being factors in part. My illness issues did not help much either.

I am looking forward to this coming up year.

So, to all of you I wish you much joy and caring and good health.

To my dear friend and brother person Peter who I think of everyday and miss I close with his quote "good friend mean good times".

Carole AKA Epona
epona
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Well Happy Birthday Carole, and good year up coming. "Boats"
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby vacastle » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:14 pm

To Carole, I wish you a very Happy Birthday that you continue to celebrate.

To Kevin who gets there earlier...Happy New Year!

And to everyone here, enjoy your New Year's Eve and please be safe.

Happy New Year!
Judy
New England Lighthouse Lovers
http://www.nell.cc/index.htm
vacastle
Lighthouse Master

Postby Kevin vk2ce » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:32 pm

Thanks Judy, yep it's New Year's Day at 8.30am as I read this thread. So far we have had nearly 2 inches of rain over the past few days which is a wonderful New Year gift. No bushfires either.

Happy birthday Carole. our sone had one yesterday also. Let's hope 2007 will be a peaceful year and our boys and girls can come home from the middle east.
Kevin vk2ce
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Paul » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:57 pm

Happy New Year, Judy, Carole, Kevin and Boats! Happy Birthday Carole!

Wishing everyone here at Lighthousing.net a Safe & Healthy New Year!

My best, :D
Paul
Help Keep Ken Black's Dream Alive
Join or Make a Donation Today!

Maine Lighthouse Museum
One Park Drive P.O. Box 1116
Rockland, Maine 04841

(207) 594-3301

www.MaineLighthouseMuseum.org
Paul
Assistant Inspector

Postby ericlighthouse » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:00 pm

Happy B-Day Carole. :D
President of Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation, Godfather of Jones Point River Lighthouse, member and EVP of Florida Lighthouse Association and member of other lighthouse groups.
ericlighthouse
Assistant Inspector

Postby Grover1 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:18 pm

This evening, please remember the most sage of New Year's celebratory advice ...

"NEW YEAR'S EVE IS FOR AMATEURS"

Stay alert ... and tomorrow, return safely for another year in the community that Ross has built. To those I met up with this year ... and to those I havent yet had the pleasure ... HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all!
Believe those who search for the truth ...
Doubt those who find it ...
Grover1
Lighthouse God

Postby epona » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:38 pm

A friend of mine emailed a story the Boston Globe did the other day.

"A sardine will drop in Maine."

The story goes something this. The facts are correct but I have added my own opinions on the subject matter at hand or fin.

For second year in a row a sardine with be lowered from the Eastport Maine's Museum of Tides Institute & Museum of Art.

Last year's one was only 6 & 1/2 feet long and had a glittery ball in its mouth. In order to honor the Canadians who live less than a mile away they dropped a Maple Leaf at 11 pm because the Canadians are Atlantic time.

This year the sardine is bit bigger - 22 feet long - weighting 80 pounds and her name is Sally. I have wonder are they also putting a bigger ball in it's mouth. The organizers are hoping that no one get's decapitated by a sardine tonight. I and group of people almost got burned on fireworks on New Years Night in Hartford - the fireworks where set off to close to the crowd of people watching.

Getting back to the topic - No mention of if a bigger Maple Leaf will be dropped this year. I see the headlines now Death by Leaf.

Now just when you thought that crystal balls and sardines and maple leafs are the only things to be dropped. The list goes on.

In Brasstown NC a live opossum in cage is being dropped from the top of a county store. I am opposed to the opossum being dropped. Does anyone know of a good therapist for this opossum. It is going to need one after tonight.

Now in Lebanon PA we have a huge bologna being dropped it is 10 feet long and weights a 150 pounds. This marks the 10th anniversary of the bologna drop. Yes we do have bologna - we do have bologna tonight. Bologna sandwiches for everyone.

To close out I have heard a rumour that in Key West FL three drops will be made, something about a red high-heeled shoe with drag queen in it, a female pirate wench and a conch shell. Let me tell which of one these I think will attract the biggest crowd.

Carole AKA Epona
epona
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:46 pm

So Carole, whats in your coffee tonight =)) ..Bologna or not, I'm blasting the FOG HORNS tonight. Rrrrr Mates.. So Rrr you having a Happy New Year in the Maine Ya Rrrr. Make heart the New Year and fast the Rum, The Lighthouse Keeper is seeing Stars in the house below. Happy New Year. "I," the coffee is very good tonight. 8O "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby WisKeeper » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:40 am

They did a fish drop here in Wisconsin too.
Suzanne Murphy
President, Wisconsin Lighthouse District (WILD)
WisKeeper
Head Keeper

Postby TheLighthouseHunters » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:48 am

Happy New Year to everybody!!! I hope we all have a happier and kinder year than the last. Happy Lighthouse Hunting to all.
Chris & Tom Cardaci
TheLighthouseHunters
Visitor

Postby beachbum1616 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:18 pm

Happy New Year everyone!!!
Stephen

beachbum1616
Lighthouse Master

Postby Biggy » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:22 pm

Happy New Year to all!
David
------------------------------
Check out www.biggysphotosetc.com for updates on David's upcoming book, Lighthouses: Maine to Florida, scheduled for an April release by Schiffer Publishing.
Biggy
Assistant Inspector

Postby Johnny » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:38 am

Happy New Year and one week all :D
<a href="http://withernsealighthouse.co.uk">Withernsea Lighthouse</a>
Johnny
Keeper

Return to West Coast Lighthouses