|

Another Nordic Finn lighthouse update

A forum to discuss lighthouses on the West Coast Region of the US
(California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Hawaii)

Postby epona » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:29 pm

Boats - Most of us here on the coast of Maine do not want to even think about snow until mid December. Their is so much I want to do outside. It is hard enough with the days getting dark so early.

Snow, and cold weather please stay away so that I can go out and play and play.

Carole AKA Epona
epona
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:34 pm

So so out and play, If I go out right now I'll get very wet, ENJOY. =))
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:25 pm

Well It Happen, snow in the mountains on both sides of us. We now can see the snow west of us, you need chains to go over the mountains East of us. Just a matter of time and we will have it at the 1000 foot level which it where we site. I'm ready for it the year, have the Bobcat to clear are road, the weather station is up and running and Coffee in the Galley. :whistle: Juat another day in the life of a Lighthouse Keep. in Seabeck Wa. "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby epona » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:54 am

Did I read your posting correctly in that you are 1000 feet above sea level.

Well being on the coast of Maine is most definitely being at sea level. My apartment is high up on a hill and on the top floor so I am safe for now. I also do have the 5 and mile drive to get to the ocean.

The leaves are just starting to turn here in Maine and Boats you are talking about Snow.

Carole AKA Epona
epona
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:58 pm

Thats right Carole, Snow is in the mountains on both sides of us. Fall didn't make it this year, well maybe two days of it. Right now the temp is 36f and will get down too 32f in the next two hours. Coming down on us is a big front, should be here by Sunday, more snow in the mountains and maybe down to us. But I'm ready for it.. Let Her Rip. Here is a News Flash.. The Bremerton Sun News Paper is coimg out next week to run a story on the lighthouse. They called us yesterday. I'll let you know how it turns out. The weather station is working Ok and we got it up in time for winter. The radio is not working just yet but we have it. more ground lights is half done. So as you can read I'm busy. The new sign which will read, (Eternal Sea Point Memorial Lighthouse Station) is not here yet. Its taken four years to get too this point. The yard and stay boom is next to go up on the front dock. And of course the new lighthouse next year. All the new LED Christmas lights or here for the Christmas set up on the lighthouse, can't say I have nothing to do, in fact a lot work remaining. Thats it for now. "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:56 am

Weather Station update. a week long testing is over and the system is working fine, we now have a doppler radar tie in from the local National Weather Service for this area. Other work still on going. Now all I need is some weather flags to fly as needed. And still having fun doing my job as lighthouse keeper. "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Hersh » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:46 am

Boats seems to be quite at home in front of a camera.... The dog too!
Mike Hershberger
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

http://www.harbor-of-refuge.com
Hersh
Lighthouse Master

Postby epona » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:52 am

Boats you do seem to like getting your picture taken.

What is the dog's name?

Mike thank you for posting these pictures.

Carole AKA Epona
epona
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:00 pm

Its that time of year again, Christmas is about to pull in to the dock. And I'm doing my part again this year to light up the lighthouse, so far I have about 2000 feet of LED lighting on and around the lighthouse just in time for Veterans Day. At which time I will light up the lighthouse. And at the same time our story comes out in the Bremerton Sun News paper on Sunday next. Have no idea how many lights I will finish up with but it will be alot. Then I will relight the grounds and lighthouse on Thanksgiving night. I'll try to get pictures on board some how to you folks. The weather is cold and there is snow in the mountains, We know we're in for a good snowing season this year and I'll be ready for it. No more puting lights up in the rain and snow this year, no sir. I'm ahead of the clock on this one. So make fast mates and get ready for the best time of the year, "CHRISTMAS".. My wife told me to say that. So keep your running lights clear and mast head light on, don't want the guy in the red suit to run into YA. "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:27 pm

Wow I got the BUG, I have over 3500 feet of LED lights out and up on the grounds and I'm trying to add more. The problem I have is how to take a picture and take it all in on one shot, and no I don't have a fish eye. I will come up with something. "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:55 am

Late posting the Christmas pictures, but here they "IS'.. Image Image :roll: Sorry tobe Late showing these.. "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby epona » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:54 am

Boats late from you is great. You must spend hours and hours setting up the lights.

Thank you so very much for posting these pictures.
epona
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:41 am

Well I didn't do it over night, it took a three week to put them up and a week to take them down. Now if it would stop snowing around here I could get them off the roof, another 4 inches of snow last night. :roll: "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby epona » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:21 pm

So Boats what is the total amount of snow you think you have had this season? Snow around here comes in many different forms. Some times it is heavy and icy and other times it is very cold and light. Does anyone on the board know more about different types of snow.

Anyways - Boats one can see from the pictures you have posted no matter what the weather is, you have a full time plus job keeping your place ship shape.
epona
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:46 pm

Image We have so far this winter over 4 foot, so far. Add the 4 inches we got last night, and more coming again in a little bit, like right now. 8) What a DEAL... "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

PreviousNext

Return to West Coast Lighthouses