|

Another Nordic Finn lighthouse update

A forum to discuss lighthouses on the West Coast Region of the US
(California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Hawaii)

Postby boats » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:16 pm

Summer, summmmer, summmmmmmmer. It an't here, we got new snow in the montains, it never got out of the 40s today or yesterday, more new snow tonight in the montains and yet another cold front coming down on us. And it will head east. #-o So were is the heat. Its 41f right now, ant that the shi#$#@!s. We got 2 inches of rain, my wife wants, hell I'm not sure any more. =)) "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Kevin vk2ce » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:14 pm

Sounds like you better move Boats. Come and live here matey. Minimum 8degrees C, max 27 degrees C. Beautiful one day, fabulous the next.

Kevin vk2ce
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:15 am

Kevin, I remember my days down under and they were great. But that was back in the 1980s, man I feel old just thinking about them days. I would move down there Kevin, but ya got no snow, ya got no rain like we get in one day, ya got no cold weather like we have, and ya got no old man like me wanting warm weather in the "what" the hell is going on this year 8O did I say that right?.. No I'm still happy here, just wish it would warm up a little around here, this is still "Juneuary" here :-< :wink: ..We should warm up by August. Good to hear from you Kevin, hope your doing well Mate. :D "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Kevin vk2ce » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:36 am

Boats, you want snow, we've got snow, you want cold, we've got cold but not where I live. Less than 2 hours drive from here you can get all the snow, cold and rain you want up in the Snowy mountains.

I'm sure that your weather will improve in time mate, Summer's just around the corner, or is it? :roll:
Kevin vk2ce
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:08 pm

Breaking weather report form Seabeck, Wa.. What the Hell is going on with the weather??, now then the temp is 41f and droping, snowing in the passes down to 2000 feet, wind storm just when through here and I recorded a 55 mph gust, the power is out and I'm on Generator. Summer Junuary 21st right =)) .. Where?? "BUT" we're doing just fine. Full tank of coffee, I cut the yard in the rain, the lighthouse is up and running, and it now 40f. :roll: Want to wish all you folks a safe summer. I know the weather is now the best in most places. Gas is $4.38. Whats next, do the best ya can people. :D "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:30 pm

Well "Well". got back on line again, did Ya miss me?? :roll: Been working mt T-bones off keeping this lighthouse up to par. No Party this year for Eternal Sea Point Lighthouse, just not enough wind left and no one has any interest in what we do do here anymore. But we keep adding a few things off and on. New plants, a few more trees, and paint work on the lighthouse. The big lighthouse is still being built, in fact many changes made and the thing is growing in the shop. Another problem is keeping the computer on line, think we have it working Okay now. The weather has been okay, not to hot at all this year, and I'm okay. All for now. "Boats" :D
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby rocky5128 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:41 pm

It is nice to hear from you. I was wondering what you were up to out there.

Kathy
rocky5128
Assistant Inspector

Postby Kevin vk2ce » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:55 pm

Hi Boats,
Yes we did miss you, well I did anyway. I'm sure the others did too.
I sure hope your weather has improved.
Kevin vk2ce
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Hersh » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:49 am

Well, some of us care about what you're doing there... Keep it up Boats!
Mike Hershberger
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

http://www.harbor-of-refuge.com
Hersh
Lighthouse Master

Postby boats » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:47 am

Kathy, Kevin, and Mike. good words, Thank You. We live in a sweet spot and the weather is not that bad year round, Texas on the other hand is in bad shap, many folks with out homes, jobs and so on. Which is another reson why the Party for this year will not happen. Can't party knowing there some folks that have no home to go to due to bad weather, been there once. I'll get a photo off to to mike to post for me, not able to post a photo yet. Other then that, Make Fast Mates. "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:35 am

Oooo I'm back on line again, did Ya miss me ?? Well all is normal here, There was no party this year for Eternal Sea point Memorial Lighthouse, too many events around us was the reason and not living in lighthouse lover's lane is the other reason. Gas was at $4.60 plus, the weather got windy and wet at that time. But we did have a little get wet party for the 5 min Happy Birthday thing and then I was back to work cleaning up what the wind took out of the trees for me. We look good around here and I'm getting ready to put lights up for Christmas. Gas is down under $3.00 today, rain, no wind, cold, 44f, and I need to cut the yard again. Doing that two times a week. Yes I'm still having "FUN".. I did get out yesterday to see an old shipmate, The Lone Sailor.. Got more to tell Ya but I'm out of time, Got Work.. "Boats".. [/img]
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:19 pm

Well I'm still alive, =)) just got done hanging over 3000 + Christmas Lights on the lighthouse and all around the grounds, did a 360 with lights and I'm all wet. I started about a week ago, still could hang a few more if the rain will stop. By the way the lights or LEDs. Now I did a one min 360 vido but don,t know how or who to send it out too ????. :roll: I'll put it this way, if Ya want to see it, let me know.. Just about any time the snow should be in my Zip Code and I can't wait :D Well its about dark 30 and I better get out side and turn on the lights, the space station should be able to see us I hope. Just "Haven" fun, no place to go and I'm not in a hurry to get there. :D "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Hersh » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:21 pm

Send me the video Boats, I'll get it where it needs to go.
Mike Hershberger
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

http://www.harbor-of-refuge.com
Hersh
Lighthouse Master

Postby boats » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:57 pm

Well the "Boats" has gone overboard on Christmas Lights around the lighthouse and grounds, lots of folks stopping by at night with kids and the big kids too. I keep adding lights every day, its like a bug hit me, Huuu the Light Bug.. there jumping around to music and fast too, Yep.. Now I'm having fun. The wife said I get one gift under five bucks, and I said, who going to feed them dame bucks and I'm not going under them things to get my gift, she must think I'm some nut. Anyway I'll get a fast moving picture to show you folks soon as I can get up to the right speed. =)) .. Hell I'm 65, how fast do Ya think I'm going. :roll: So stand by for another UpDate,.... :D "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:24 pm

Want to know something ?? Its showing here in Seabeck and a week late. Now I know you folks on the left coast got snow ahead of us, your welcome.. Got this big cold front bearing down on us which by the way will head east to the left coast, your welcome.. Yep you just need some wise guy form the west coast telling you about snow. =)) Again your welcome.. Stay warm out there, I'm retired with no place to and not in any hurry to get there. Having fun. :roll: "Boats"
boats
Lt. Commissioner

PreviousNext

Return to West Coast Lighthouses