|

Another Nordic Finn lighthouse update

A forum to discuss lighthouses on the West Coast Region of the US
(California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Hawaii)

Postby island » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:05 pm

What are you going to do? Eight bells and all is well. Winds sou'west and blowing like --- 8O --- all get out. Seems we got this retired Navy Boatswain Mate out there who washed ashore and got stranded high and dry on the Left Coast of all places. That's where the sun comes up over the hills, instead of over the ocean where it is supposed to come up. :? And he is four hours behind us folks here on the Right Coast with no hope of catching up. :cry: On the other hand maybe it should be named the Port Coast and Starboard Coast to help keep those Navy guys from getting confused. :idea: What do you think of this idea, Boats?
island
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:08 pm

Dave, Ya just not got the BIG picture, your on the LEFT COAST. Its easy mate, just turn South, its your left hand holding the Port lamp Mate. And I an't lost, got me a road dated 1960. Printed in the USA. So There. And I always wash ashore, my wife wount let wash anything at sea, =)) , its the salt thing. :roll: Have a good Christmas Dave. Now I have watch so I'd beter get with it. Still snowing in the low 20s. Eye Mates. :D "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Hersh » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:54 pm

Ok, I'm not very experienced with publishing video to the web, but I think I got Boats' vid up and ready to go. Just click on the link to check it out.

http://www.harbor-of-refuge.com/storage/flash1/Boats-1.html
Mike Hershberger
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

http://www.harbor-of-refuge.com
Hersh
Lighthouse Master

Postby island » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:16 pm

Boats. Are you sure that map of yours is not one of those upside down ones with South at the top?:? That's the kind Kevin uses Downunder. Snow is one darned site better than that ice that we have had here on this coast. There's loads of folks who still don't have power from the storm a few days back.

Don't know why the wife has a thing about salt water. It's good for preservin' things. Worked good on you didn't it? I couldn't get by without it for the need of soakin' it and breathin' that salt air.

Anyway, you have yourself a good Christmas too. And be carefull you don't get hung up and stranded 8O in all those LED lights of yours and have call CG Search and Rescue to get you untangled. :) Dave
island
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:00 pm

Well now, Mike Ya did good Sir, since that vid I added more lights and a Snowman, Sainta with raindeer, more lights. gone nuts over here. In the snow they look even better, lot of folks drop by. Yes your weather is harder then here, temps or down to 20F tonight and with a little wind its colder. Anything below 30 is just down right cold. Power is out in some places, black ice on roads, bad part is we have some big hills to drive on. More colder air is coming down from up north now with snow. So I think both coast or in for a very hard winter. I'll take the west coast any day, you folks on the left coast get hit harder then us. Highs today was 24f.. Now look here Dave, my map is not from the down under. Kevin might have something to say about that :whistle: .. Lost power is covered by a gen-set here and its in stand by, Lost power here too many times over here, it goes down offten where we live. But we have running water inside year round :lol: .. About the salt thing. I'm the boss in my house and I have her permission to say so, so she gets her way. =)) cause shes the cook. Dave I can go down to the dock which is only two miles and take in all the salt air I want, just can't bring it home. But you know after 31 years out in the ocean, I'm having more fun at home now. And for the rest of you folks, stay warm over there and do your best to have a good Christmas with out getting hurt. The best Christmas gift is to get up the next morning day after day. I'm not planning on pushing any dirt for another 20+ years. Now that a gift. Merry Christmas to all the good folks at LH.N.. "Boats".......... =)) Be Merry, its free..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:55 am

Winter wounder land in the Puget Sound this morning, 4/6 inches of Snow so far and will keep snowing for the remainder of this week up to Christmas and maybe New Years Day. Here in Seabeck there "An't Nothing" moving around. Thunder snow storm hit at around 0300. Will get photos soon as I can get outside, temp is 22f. Not as cold as some places on the left coast, but if its below 32f its "COLD".. "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:01 pm

The hard snow for us is on the way in to us right now. We're looking at 24 inches of snow some time midday saturday, 13.4f and going down even more tonight. This same snow storm will go over to the east coast during the week. There calling for the next 6 days of snow here. The lighthouse is ready for this storm :roll: . Generator in stand by. We have about a foot of snow on the ground now, white Christmas again this year. Hope you folks can hold up over there as I know it will get just as bad there. "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Gary Martin » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:55 pm

Here are some photos that Boats asked me to post on here that he wanted to share with folks for the holidays.

Happy Holidays to all here on lh.net from NJ as well.
Gary Martin
Lighthouse Master

Postby boats » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:47 pm

Thank you Gary, and to all the folks here at Lighthousing.net. Merry Christmas. Go SeaHawk, they beat the Jets,, =)) .. :roll: Sorry, I was out side all day in the cold. "Hawks" ya ya ya. Ops.. And Merry Christmas Ross. Oh and my snowman is out there somewhere under the snow Ya sure. "Boats".. :D
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Gary Martin » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:37 pm

Hey Boats, you're more than welcome. When do we get to see the photograph of all those strings of lights strung out from the lighthouse lighted?

There's white "stuff" (you can't really call it snow, I guess, since there's a layer of ice on top of it from the freezing rain the other night) on the ground here, but they're forecasting temps to rise into the 40's with rain for Christmas Day here in NJ.

In any case, it's now officially winter :!: It's also humorous to watch and listen to the locals complain about how cold it has been here. If they only knew...
Gary Martin
Lighthouse Master

Postby Grover1 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:24 pm

Boats, those photos are magic ... thanks for sharing them with us
Believe those who search for the truth ...
Doubt those who find it ...
Grover1
Lighthouse God

Postby Tybeeisland48 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:24 pm

Thank you Boats, they are absolutely beautiful!
Merry Christmas!

~Pam
Tybeeisland48
Keeper

Postby boats » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:53 pm

Well the big man in the red suit is up on his way, the lighthouse light is ready to show the way to my area, working on three feet of snow over here. More on the way in the morning as another system has or zip code. Glad you folks enjoy the pictures, I have fun doing this every year, But I wish the snow would let up a little around here. We get much more snow then Seattle, in fact records broke this year with the amount of snow we have and its not over yet. U.S. Weather report is showing yet another system coming in behind the morning storm. We could hit four foot of snow here in Seabeck. Both my car ports came down, lot of work next week. Try to enjoy this Christmas, remember the U.S. Forces that can't be home this year, there job is to keep us safe so we can have Christmas. Also help out the folks that or down on there luck, Be Safe out there and again. "MERRY CHRISTMAS".. "Boats".. :D
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Leah Loar-Mays » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:21 am

Just batten down the hatches, Boats! I hope Santa was very good to you this year--you deserve it!

:D
Leah
Leah Loar-Mays
Lighthouse Master

Postby boats » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:06 am

Oh he was very nice to us, he gave us almost three feet of snow and more on the way today =)) , "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

PreviousNext

Return to West Coast Lighthouses