|

Another Nordic Finn lighthouse update

A forum to discuss lighthouses on the West Coast Region of the US
(California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Hawaii)

Postby Gary Martin » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:17 am

Hey Boats, I was sifting through images and thought you'd enjoy this one of a tug pushing the Shippersgracht into the channel to depart Saint John last September.

Gary Martin
Lighthouse Master

Postby Gary Martin » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:23 am

In response to my query to boats about when we were going to get to see the Christmas lights he has strung from the Eternal Sea Memorial light, he sent me this to post for the folks here on lh.net.

Pretty snazzy, Boats :!:
Gary Martin
Lighthouse Master

Postby boats » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:29 pm

Hi Gary, Boy the snow just keeps coming. Seattle has a littl rain but we on the other side got snow again today. So that Tug is looken real good right now, HOME SICK for the oean. Leah, the other snow is here. Still not done the X-mas shoping and it might be Jan09 before I get it done. White out is what happening now. Well stay warm out there, I got my Coffee in hand. Thanks Gary.... "Boat".. :D
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:35 pm

Well again the snow is at the front door, the stuff just keeps coming. Plus a wind storm is on us also, must be winter A mates. 8O . This winter will go down in the books as the BoCoo Number 10. Took two day to clear the road at my place, looks like I get to do it ALLLLL over again, What a deal. "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:58 am

Happy New Show Day Year, all that work I did to remove the snow. Its all back, right at midnite it was snowing like @$#. :x Got about 4 inches on top of what we got Last Year ](*,) . But I don't haft to drive in it like most of you folks in the morning. I'm Retired =)) "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby mikev » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:24 am

Boats, here in Buffalo we're just grateful that you're wringing a bit of the moisture out of those snow clouds before sending them east. It's been an active winter here, too, with snow and the occasional windstorm (peak gust so far, 75 mph). Luckily the worst has been on weekends, when I don't have to commute, and the commutes in other storms have been slow but not particularly difficult.

Besides, in your pre-retirement driving days, weren't you driving on the ocean highways, anyway?
Mike Vogel
Buffalo Lighthouse/ALCC

mikev
Keeper

Postby boats » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:44 am

Morning Mike and Happy New Year, In my pre-retirement days at sea was different, I loved going too sea and still do. No cars to run you over out there and no snow chains needed. My commute was from the house to the dock and out to sea, then gone for 6 to 10 mouths and some times a year. Weather out there was hard, but I knew that before going to sea to make a living. I'm luckey to have lived to tell my story and come home to complain about the weather on land. Every time I sailed past a lighthouse and made a plot on that light and kept going, I was in my element. Now I'm like a fish out of the water. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to see the snow, rain and winds that knocks over the trush cans =)) Cause I'm still having fun. And it snowed a little more this morning.. :D "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:57 pm

Snow report for Eternal Sea Point Memorial Lighthouse, Seabeck. Been snowing since 1500 today and at 2100 Pacific time its still coming down hard, have over 24 inchs on the ground. 8 inches since it started today so far. White out is a better word. Records broken this year already and winter just got started. This is the last night for Christnas lights and some or under the snow. No one on the only road coming to Seabeck tonight. National news picked up or problem tonight which is not normal for here. So if Ya looken for snow, we have more then enough for every one and then some. "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:18 pm

Well I have my work cut out for me after the big snow blow then all the rain we have around here. The lighthouse had two foot of snow around the base of the light and on top it took a hit from the wind, but still work okay for now. The fire hose is coming on us till Monday then a few dry days then another cold front just over the hill. My boat is ready. You folks on the left coast got the snow we had here. "Enjoy".. Summer is on the way. "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby rocky5128 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:56 pm

Glad to see you are ok. I have seen all the flooding out there and wondered how you were holding up. We got 10 inches of your snow here in Chicago, you can have it back if you want it.

Kathy
rocky5128
Assistant Inspector

Postby boats » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:28 pm

Rocky, send it all off to Yell old England mate, we don't want it back for a long time, say like 10 years =)) .. There's still flood wearning up for all rivers ontill Tuesday next. But if this up coming low bears down on us we could be in for another snow/rain mix again. And man we've had enough out here, ground can't take any more water. I stil have snow here at my place. "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:14 pm

Okay Ross, my third try. :roll: Can you see this photo, if so !!. Taken on Christmas morning. Now this is how Christmas should look, "Right" #-o .. Come on I'm an man.. :D "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:18 pm

D'oh, no picture.. I'll try this. "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby boats » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:22 pm

Okay that didn't work, some one help me out here. Oh and its snowing again. "Boats"..
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Gary Martin » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:41 pm

Boats, send 'em to me. I'll upload them to my webserver and will post them for you.

As for the weather, it's snowing here up on top of the Watchung Ridge. We had had about 4" as of when I got home from work this afternoon, which isn't all that much by Michigan or Washington standards.
Gary Martin
Lighthouse Master

PreviousNext

Return to West Coast Lighthouses