|

What are the basics of sailing a small boat

A forum to post any lighthouse pictures you'd like others to see. Feel free to talk about lighthouse photography. Lighthouse-related photos (such as LSS and lenses) are also welcome.

Postby marinaa » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:38 am

What are the basics of sailing a small boat / yacht with masts? About the only think I know is theres a rudder, mast and you have to tack ? If I'm going on a sailing holiday.. could i expect sailing boat to also have an engine for dead calm situations - or don't small yachts have those ? Is there any serious risk of overturning the thing cause it seems to lean in to the water ?

Postby Red » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:56 am

I would suggest if you don't know much about sailing which it sounds like you don't , find someone that does and go with them and learn. There is much more to sailing than powerboating. RED
Red
Keeper

Postby Kevin vk2ce » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:32 pm

I'm a bit puzzled as to what this post has to do with lighthouses and in particular, lighthouse/lightship photography. The signature line with several links is also a bit suss.
Surely if you know nothing about sailing why not join a sailing club or find a sailing forum. Perhaps you would like to tell us a bit more about yourself.
Kevin vk2ce
Lt. Commissioner

Return to Lighthouse Photography