|

Yet Another UNCONTEST ...

A forum to post any lighthouse pictures you'd like others to see. Feel free to talk about lighthouse photography. Lighthouse-related photos (such as LSS and lenses) are also welcome.

Postby Grover1 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:04 am

Section IV, Subsection E ... From the Historic Lighthouse Preservation Handbook 1997

https://www.denix.osd.mil/denix/Public/ ... h10.html#E

... and while I am sure so many of you are aware of this publication, being the obssessive/redundant individual I can be from time to time, here's the link to the entire handbook...

https://www.denix.osd.mil/denix/Public/ ... html#TABLE
Believe those who search for the truth ...
Doubt those who find it ...
Grover1
Lighthouse God

Postby epona » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:54 am

Grover,

This is very cool information. I think this winter might be the time to read it. I wonder how long it would take to plow through all of the pages and how much one could digest at one sitting. I think I would have to take notes and this would lead me to do more reading.

Carole
epona
Lt. Commissioner

Postby beachbum1616 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:05 am

WOW! Now there is a wealth of information. It looks like there is some good info in there. Thanks for sharing that.
Stephen

beachbum1616
Lighthouse Master

Postby boats » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:51 pm

Now that is the best info I have seen so far on this site, so much so that I printed the info to have on hand. Folks come by and ask Questions on such matters, so thank you. this lighthouse keeper is happy :D "Boats"
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby epona » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:19 am

Boats,

I agree with on how informative this information is. How many pages did you end up printing out?

Carole
epona
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Terry Forrest » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:47 pm

Lots of interesting information. Probably best used by groups working on restoring a lighthouse.
Terry Forrest
Assistant Inspector

Postby Red » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:34 am

Grover,
This handbook will be very useful for our restoration efforts at Harbor of Refuge Light. We are constantly challenged on how to do different projects and this will be a very good source of information to guide us in the proper direction. RED
Red
Keeper

Previous

Return to Lighthouse Photography