|

Some new Portland Head Lighthouse photos

A forum to post any lighthouse pictures you'd like others to see. Feel free to talk about lighthouse photography. Lighthouse-related photos (such as LSS and lenses) are also welcome.

Postby Biggy » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:17 pm

Good day (evening or daytime, it doesn't matter) ...

Well, the craft show I did in Portland this past weekend (Dec. 2-3) pretty much stunk. But the weekend wasn't shot at all. I was able to get over to Nubble and Portland Head lighthouses again for some more photos.

And while the Nubble shots aren't too tremendous, mainly because the sky was overcast and a little snowy (but there was no snow sticking to anything, so it didn't give me anything really great as far as ground cover), I was able to get some pretty good Portland Head shots. Of course, the main reason for that is because I -- get this -- went there for sunrise! 8O

Yes, Gary, that makes two sunrises at a lighthouse in the same year!

Anyway... Allow me to post a half-dozen or so, and I hope everybody enjoys them.

Obviously, with this next batch you will see, the sun was quite up over the horizon at this point... :D

Well, that's all folks! Hope you enjoyed them as much as I enjoyed taking them :!:
David
------------------------------
Check out www.biggysphotosetc.com for updates on David's upcoming book, Lighthouses: Maine to Florida, scheduled for an April release by Schiffer Publishing.
Biggy
Assistant Inspector

Postby Larry » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:46 am

Excellent exposure on that first one. To get the silhouette of the lighthouse , but to still leave detail in those foreground waves.....I say BRAVO!
Larry
Larry
Inspector

Postby Gary Martin » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:32 am

How's your heart, David.... two sunrises in the same year?

I have to agree with Larry, the first one is the best shot of the bunch by a large margin.
Gary Martin
Lighthouse Master

Postby Biggy » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:56 pm

Thanks Larry and Gary! Actually, Gary, I felt like I was going to have a heart attack because I was really excited to be at Portland Head for a sunrise. So excited that I pretty much hopped, skipped and ran my way across the rocks to the point I took that first shot! 8O
David
------------------------------
Check out www.biggysphotosetc.com for updates on David's upcoming book, Lighthouses: Maine to Florida, scheduled for an April release by Schiffer Publishing.
Biggy
Assistant Inspector

Return to Lighthouse Photography