|

CANON QUESTION

A forum to post any lighthouse pictures you'd like others to see. Feel free to talk about lighthouse photography. Lighthouse-related photos (such as LSS and lenses) are also welcome.

Postby AL » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:48 am

A question for Canon DSLR shooters:

Which lens do you have in your inventory and use the most?
AL
New Jersey
AL
Inspector

Postby Rob143 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:20 pm

The lens I use the most is probably a Sigma 24-70 2.8.

I just picked up a used (not that you could ever tell to look at it) 70-200 f4L for $400 this week over on FM. I'm sure in the near future it will be getting a good workout and see more time than most of my other lenses. I did the same recently with a Sigma 135-400 when I picked it up. Mount the lens, and force yourself to shoot with nothing else. Amazinlgy you start opening your eyes to things you overlooked before, during all the lens switching. I took that lens to Gettysburg for a test drive and just found myself walking around the battlefield, on a WINDY day, scanning the world before me with that lens. You never knew those things were there, until you made yourself look at them in a different way than you ever had before.

That said, the 24-70 will probably still always be my most used lens, until I pick up a Sigma 12-24 that is.

I wish I'd had a 12-24 at Grand Haven out on the far end of the pier looking back at the outer light. Little Sable and Marblehead would have been good places for that 12-24 too. Guess I'll just have to go back to all of those again another day.

That, or a 400 5.6L prime, is my next lens. Probably the little Sigma.

Work more overtime, make more money, buy more glass. Isn't life great?
Rob143
Head Keeper

Return to Lighthouse Photography