|

Wisconsin Lighthouses in February

A forum to post any lighthouse pictures you'd like others to see. Feel free to talk about lighthouse photography. Lighthouse-related photos (such as LSS and lenses) are also welcome.

Postby WisKeeper » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:09 pm

We had 7 inches of snow Friday night. A blizzard started around 6 p.m. on Saturday. It is snowing hard and the wind is blowing snow around. I am not sure how much it will snow before morning.

Did you snowshoe, hike, or ski out to the snow caves?
Suzanne Murphy
President, Wisconsin Lighthouse District (WILD)
WisKeeper
Head Keeper

Postby TWolfe » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:47 am

Suzanne,

We didn't use skis or snowshoes. A few people used skis part of the way. The ice was quite rough. We went within a few days of the ice conditions allowing access. So, the path may be more trampled by now.

We didn't get as much snow as you did. They said that we got 7 - 10 inches in the Twin Cities since the storm started. It's just snowing lightly now.

Tammy
TWolfe
Keeper

Postby WisKeeper » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:37 am

I haven't heard how much we have gotten overnight, but I could hardly get my front door open. One can't event tell that I shoveled yesterday. I have now heard that we got 2 feet in many parts of Wisconsin. It was 4 feet at the end of my driveway, 2 feet at the top of the driveway.
Suzanne Murphy
President, Wisconsin Lighthouse District (WILD)
WisKeeper
Head Keeper

Previous

Return to Lighthouse Photography