|

Rained Out

A forum to post any lighthouse pictures you'd like others to see. Feel free to talk about lighthouse photography. Lighthouse-related photos (such as LSS and lenses) are also welcome.

Postby Hersh » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:57 pm

I got my slides back this afternoon, and I didn't have nearly as many keepers as I'd hoped. I think the biggest problem was that a lot of the lightning was behind the clouds, so the light wasn't as intense and thus wasn't captured as well on the ISO 100 slide film. For the few real bolts of lightning that were visible, I got some pretty good stuff. Here are two I picked out.

Earlier in the evening when there was still some light in the sky and some pink on the horizon.

And later on when there was no light but the lightning. I was hoping it would silhouette the catwalk like this, but I'd hoped for more definition on the lighthouse towers.
Mike Hershberger
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

http://www.harbor-of-refuge.com
Hersh
Lighthouse Master

Postby Biggy » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:03 pm

Great stuff, Mike! These are awesome, man!
^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
David
------------------------------
Check out www.biggysphotosetc.com for updates on David's upcoming book, Lighthouses: Maine to Florida, scheduled for an April release by Schiffer Publishing.
Biggy
Assistant Inspector

Postby Grover1 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:42 am

Two more that make your eyes go wide, your jaw drop and go "wow" under your breath ... Mike, thanks for adding these ..
Believe those who search for the truth ...
Doubt those who find it ...
Grover1
Lighthouse God

Postby rocky5128 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:44 am

I think I need to move to the other side of the lake. You guys get the gale foce wind photos, you know when the storms are coming across the lke and you get incredible snow pictures. Yes , I am jealous.

Great Pictures Mike, I hope to see some more.

Kathy
rocky5128
Assistant Inspector

Postby WisKeeper » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:58 pm

Really nice! The colors on the first photo are really nice. Great job! Great Lightning bolt too!
Suzanne Murphy
President, Wisconsin Lighthouse District (WILD)
WisKeeper
Head Keeper

Postby Hersh » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:35 pm

Well, this trip had paid off for me already. Today I did an art / craft show, and I took a matted 11x14 copy of the blue & pink shot I posted on the 23rd. I had it sold pretty early in the show, it made me wish I had brought a couple more of them. I was almost sorry to see it go, I'd gotten so many complements on it. But the money in my pocket assuaged my feelings of remorse. :D

And thanks to Gary for sending me the info so I could participate in this show. It was a pretty good one.
Mike Hershberger
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

http://www.harbor-of-refuge.com
Hersh
Lighthouse Master

Previous

Return to Lighthouse Photography