|

People don't post photos or comment...

A forum to post any lighthouse pictures you'd like others to see. Feel free to talk about lighthouse photography. Lighthouse-related photos (such as LSS and lenses) are also welcome.

Postby Grover1 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:36 pm

... and here I was, thinking I might be obtuse when, unknown to me, I was really being smarmy ...

Mike, if you, in your heart of hearts, truly thought I was being condescending rather than poking at just a bit of pomposity on your part then I will be the one to apologize ...
Believe those who search for the truth ...
Doubt those who find it ...
Grover1
Lighthouse God

Postby Rob143 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:43 pm

vacastle wrote:Funny thing though, some of it came from people who have posted in this thread. Sadly, some came from really good folks with great talent that have disapeared from this board, and it's our loss.
Judy

Oddly enough although they have disappeared they seem to be reading the forum, getting offended, and whining to Judy via email. That doesn't sound like disappeared. Either that or Judy is making it all up to feel important. So Judy, which is it?
Rob143
Head Keeper

Postby Hersh » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:45 pm

Barry, I believe that's exactly what was happening.

I accept the apology, and I appreciate your stepping up. Not a lot of people would post an apology in public like you just did. It speaks highly of you.
Mike Hershberger
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

http://www.harbor-of-refuge.com
Hersh
Lighthouse Master

Postby Grover1 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:51 pm

... just dont think now we're going to kiss each other like Tataglia and Corleone did in that great scene from The Godfather
Believe those who search for the truth ...
Doubt those who find it ...
Grover1
Lighthouse God

Postby Hersh » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:52 pm

You broke my heart, Fredo. You broke my heart!!
Mike Hershberger
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

http://www.harbor-of-refuge.com
Hersh
Lighthouse Master

Postby Biggy » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:28 pm

I must admit ... I'm guilty of not being on here much, or posting photos, or making comments and adding to discussions. I do come in every week or so to read, but very often I have no reason or desire to make comments, simply for the fact I don't feel anything I could have said would have added much in the way of substance. And I'm not really one for posting comments just to get some extra writing practice.

Perhaps I really have no excuse for not frequenting the boards here more often, but as some already have alluded to many things have changed personally for me during the past year or so, and I simply don't see making my contributions here as a priority. Fortunately for me, I have one book to market and help sell (the publishing company doesn't do it all for me 8O), I'm working on the next and developing ideas for a third (at the publishing company's acquisitions editor's request), I'm more involved with my church and leading its communications ministry, and I'm so desperately trying my best to be involved in the college-preparation process my stepson is going through as a junior in high school. My apologies for not keeping posting or commenting on these forums among the list of priorities in my life. It's not something I intended, but at times life does take on twists and turns that must be addressed first. And I seriously doubt anybody here misses anything I may have had to say on here. Let's be serious ... I'm nobody to be falling over about. :lol:

As for Barry's news stories on these forums ... I'm thankful for them. And I hit the links he posts more than anything I do on here (always have, too).

Oh, and Judy ... I'll be sure to e-mail you next time I have a complaint about anything. However, I'm trying to cut down on my complaining, so it could be awhile before you see anything from me. :wink:

OK, honestly ... I may not come by very often anymore, but I am truly thankful for all of you. There's a reason why I acknowledged, by specific name and in general, the LH.net gang in my first book. I've learned a lot here and many of you have been very kind to me over the years. And for that, I thank you.

I'll do my best to be around a bit more often, for whatever that is worth to any of you. 8)
David
------------------------------
Check out www.biggysphotosetc.com for updates on David's upcoming book, Lighthouses: Maine to Florida, scheduled for an April release by Schiffer Publishing.
Biggy
Assistant Inspector

Postby Biggy » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:42 pm

Grover1 wrote:... (of course, sometimes just a little ego crops in ... I would have swore the one I posted of one of our more intrepid photgraphers on the rocks at Bass Harbor would have provoked a little more in way of a thread as it was not your postcard shot of that light. It wasnt the first time I thought incorrectly) ...

Where is this photo? I must have missed it.
David
------------------------------
Check out www.biggysphotosetc.com for updates on David's upcoming book, Lighthouses: Maine to Florida, scheduled for an April release by Schiffer Publishing.
Biggy
Assistant Inspector

Previous

Return to Lighthouse Photography