|

"Using" Gary Martin

A forum to post any lighthouse pictures you'd like others to see. Feel free to talk about lighthouse photography. Lighthouse-related photos (such as LSS and lenses) are also welcome.

Postby Grover1 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:52 am

Photographer/Picture Taker ... As if we need another example but here it goes ... Every follower of LH.net knows the respect I have for Gary and his work (If I were to go on one more time about his Harbor Beach shots he would have to hire me as an agent) but, being able to "use" him to illustrate, Gary, I hope you dont mind ...

I was trolling for additional "catwalk" pictures for the thread on the Kewaunee Pier Light ... a couple pages into a GOOGLE image search I found this unattributed shot from the WMTA (Western Michigan Tourist Association) website ...

Having some flecks of a memory left, it provoked a thought of a 'similar image' from Gary ... I would hope he wouldnt mind my using it here ... plus I get to say "reciprocity failure" (and, recalling our private discussion on saturation, we can revisit the "red" discussion at another time :wink:)

I like the first shot. It was "taken" I could have been the photgrapher. Who doesnt love the second shot. It was "executed" I wouldnt have had the patience or technical skill or the equipment to create it.

Picture taker/photographer
Believe those who search for the truth ...
Doubt those who find it ...
Grover1
Lighthouse God

Postby rocky5128 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:24 pm

That is the way that I see myself. Skill verses Luck, I can take some nice pictures, but I know if Gary was with me he would capture the moment in a way I never could. ^:)^ ^:)^

Kathy
rocky5128
Assistant Inspector

Return to Lighthouse Photography