|

New Chicamacomico LSS Website!

A forum to discuss Life Saving Stations and Lightships.

Moderators: vacastle, beachbum1616

Postby Ross » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:56 pm

The new website for the Chicamacomico Life-Saving Station has been launched, you can check it out at:

http://www.chicamacomico.net
Ross
LH.net Administrator

Postby island » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:29 pm

This looks like a clone of the Hull website. And like Hull it is disappointing for the absence of current and historic photos.
island
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Ross » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:20 am

I'm still working on that part, unfortunately setting these things up for people who aren't too web savvy makes it difficult!
Ross
LH.net Administrator

Postby island » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:38 pm

Maybe they are not too web savvy but one would assume a primary reason for having this website is to "sell", to sell CLSS to the general public to attract more visitors and thus more revenue from visitor fees, gift shop sales, membership fees and just maybe some big dollar donations. An effective website will attract new members and new donors who have only visited the website and not visited the facility.
island
Lt. Commissioner

Postby vacastle » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:05 am

Ross, are they balking at having photos on, or at the cost of the website? I know they believe in the value of the historical photos...and the modern photos as well. And the old site had some.

I can talk to Ken and Linda and James, if you think that would help. I'm sure they know why they want the web site, and I'm sure that includes promotion.

Judy
New England Lighthouse Lovers
http://www.nell.cc/index.htm
vacastle
Lighthouse Master

Postby Ross » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:39 am

No, they're all fine with it and know what we want to do. It's just getting software installed and working with the site that they can control. I'm removing myself from the routine maintenance.

The site is not done, by any stretch, but the plan is to complete it all before their season opens in April. A lot of the problem was my time to do it! The photo galleries are there, i just haven't turned them on yet until they know how to use it, etc.
Ross
LH.net Administrator

Postby vacastle » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:54 am

I get it. Now I know where you are with the project.

They were thrilled with the last site you did for them. They will be thrilled when this one is complete.

Judy
New England Lighthouse Lovers
http://www.nell.cc/index.htm
vacastle
Lighthouse Master

Return to Life Saving Stations & Lightships