|

"The Edmund Fitzgerald Controversy "

Have you come across a good book, story or narrative regarding lighthouses, keepers, or lighthouse-related material? Share it here.

Postby Grover1 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:39 pm

Believe those who search for the truth ...
Doubt those who find it ...
Grover1
Lighthouse God

Postby CHUCKX53 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:08 pm

What Controversy ?? What Mystery ??

I already own 2 books on this, "The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald"(Stonehouse), and "The Night The Fitz Went Down"(Bishop), and these have very well covered the subject -- How may other ways is there to wreck a large ore ship in a terrible storm ??

Hatch Covers, Hitting Shoals, Monster Waves, Rip Forces, we have read it all and you know ----
-------WE'RE NEVER REALLY GOING TO KNOW THE WHOLE STORY ------ unless there is a time machine around handy to be able to safely go back and take a good look...............

Maybe it was a conspiracy orginating with Lake Superior, along with 2 other shooters on the glassy lake knoll, Lake Michigan & Lake Huron, to bring down the 'Mighty Fitz" for having the Inpunity to sail on the lake fully loaded right into the maw of a Great Lakes Monster Storm -----

------Or did Lake Superior act alone ??

And you know, If I had a copy of this book in my hand ---- I'd probably buy it, because -------

THAT'S JUST THE WAY THINGS ARE .........................
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
CHUCKX53
Inspector

Return to Lighthouse Books, Stories, & Narratives