|

Ready for pre-orders

Have you come across a good book, story or narrative regarding lighthouses, keepers, or lighthouse-related material? Share it here.

Postby Biggy » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:57 am

Hello all ... Just wanted to throw a message out here that my upcoming book is available for pre-order through my website at www.biggysphotosetc.com. The pre-order special is $29.99 and includes free shipping. And yes, I will sign them for you upon request. Of course, you can always wait for the personalization until I have any signings, the first of which is scheduled for an event at Cape May Lighthouse on National Lighthouse Day, Aug. 7! Catch everybody later.
David
------------------------------
Check out www.biggysphotosetc.com for updates on David's upcoming book, Lighthouses: Maine to Florida, scheduled for an April release by Schiffer Publishing.
Biggy
Assistant Inspector

Postby wheland » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:54 am

I placed my order. Here's hoping this book and the next one already contracted for can make David more than a few dollars.

Keep in mind that David will probably make the largest profit from books sold directly by him- and no I'm not connected with him in any way and get no commission. :D

Dennis
wheland
Inspector

Postby wheland » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:03 pm

Dave,

Just got my mail and my copy has arrived. i'm looking through it now and when I got to page 30 I had to come type this-

Great looking photos and the intro, etc are very well done.

However on page 30 it says next to a photo of Portland Head LH-

"Located at Fort Monroe in Virginia and standing 58 feet tall, Old Point comfort Lighthouse marks the entrance to the habor near Hampton roads." ( It is repeated on page 121 with the correct lighthouse.)

Oops! The caption on page 31 is just fine, though. :lol:

Hey nothing is perfect- the book looks just great.

Dennis
wheland
Inspector

Return to Lighthouse Books, Stories, & Narratives