|

Sailing out of Miami

A forum to discuss lighthouses in the Southeast US and the Gulf Coast
(North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, Texas)

Moderator: beachbum1616

Postby Gary Martin » Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:46 pm

For those who didn't know, Lilnda and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary last week and decided to take a cruise in the western Caribbean. Here are a couple of shots from the 14th deck (short of climbing the flag mast you can't get any higher) of the Carnival Vicotry as we left Miami. There were probably a lot of people who didn't like the weather... personally, for photography IMO at least it couldn't have been better.

This first shot has the Atlantic in the foregroun with a little sliver of Biscayne Bay visible in front of the skyline of Miami. We were probably a mile or so off shore when this was shot with a 24 mm lens.

About 8 or 9 miles (I'm guessing on the distance) off shore, the storm appears to have decided to dump on Miami creating this almost surreal image of the distant skyline with the color of hte approaching sunset beneath the clouds. Sorry about the width of this one if you're looking at this on a smaller monitor and have to scroll. The was shot at 300 mm.

Gary Martin
Lighthouse Master

Postby Terry Forrest » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:29 pm

Good ones, Gary. I like the 1st one for both the drama of it as well as the light rays and the 2nd because of that hazy kind of mirage look as well as the lovely blues.
Terry Forrest
Assistant Inspector

Postby Hersh » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:44 pm

Yeah, yeah, yeah, but where's the lighthouse ?????
:lol:

But seriously, nice shots, I like the second myself. I'm looking forward to seeing that water you told me about.
Mike Hershberger
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

http://www.harbor-of-refuge.com
Hersh
Lighthouse Master

Postby Leah Loar-Mays » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:37 am

The first one. Definitely!
Leah
Leah Loar-Mays
Lighthouse Master

Postby plebetkin » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:29 am

congratulations on your anniversary