|

Jupiter Inlet Goes Dark

A forum to discuss lighthouses in the Southeast US and the Gulf Coast
(North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, Texas)

Moderator: beachbum1616

Postby Grover1 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:36 am

Believe those who search for the truth ...
Doubt those who find it ...
Grover1
Lighthouse God

Postby Rob143 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:39 am

I wish them nothing short of a quick and successful completion of their restoration work, followed by another 42 years continuously lit run. I was working in Florida from December 2004 to February 2005. One Sunday during that stretch that we didn't work I ran down to see this light and Hillsboro. Unfortunately Jupiter was closed to the public then too. I don't recall why anymore. Photographically that left me with basically two options. 1)Shoot from behind the fence in the parking area. 2) Go back out across the river on US-1 and turn down a side street and shoot it across the river from beside a restaurant at the dead end. I'd recognize it in an instant in person, but looking at a map I'm trying to remember which street I was on. I'm thinking it was Love St, Clemson St, or Anchor Way. I don't believe it was Yarborough St. Whichever it was I recommend shooting from this side with the activity on the river for a foreground. I've got some decent shots of it, but they're all on slide film with no slide scanner. If you're going, and have GPS, the light itself is 26.94840°N 80.08170°W
Rob143
Head Keeper

Return to Southeast & Gulf Coast Lighthouses