|

Currituck Lighthouse

A forum to discuss lighthouses in the Southeast US and the Gulf Coast
(North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, Texas)

Moderator: beachbum1616

Postby Gangreen » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:58 am

I took these this week as well. It isn't one of my favorites because of the ritzy area and the fact that all of the trees around it ruin any real good chance to get good pictures of it. Anyway:

Image Image

Gangreen
Visitor

Postby Biggy » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:01 pm

Yeah, I'm not a big Currituck fan either, simply because of all the trees. I do like your window reflections. Very cool.
David
------------------------------
Check out www.biggysphotosetc.com for updates on David's upcoming book, Lighthouses: Maine to Florida, scheduled for an April release by Schiffer Publishing.
Biggy
Assistant Inspector

Postby Grover1 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:52 pm

I can remember many an atheltic coach in my youth saying "hey ... have an idea out there!!!" Gotta say, the distorted reality of those reflection shots makes them really great, really unique ... Nice insight to shoot it that way ...

... and for sure, getting the definitive Currituck shot is most difficult due to the foliage ... but for me, its more than made up for by the almost-singualrly unique non-painted (unpainted?) tower ... they are a rare breed and "oner's" like this should be admired in their own right ...
Believe those who search for the truth ...
Doubt those who find it ...
Grover1
Lighthouse God

Postby Leah Loar-Mays » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:12 pm

I think the grounds at Currituck are some of the most beautiful of any lighthouse I've ever visited, and that's more than a few. To me the foliage is a real bonus. Some of the best lighthouse photos I ever took were at Currituck in the Spring.

So I have to beg to differ! :lol:
Leah
Leah Loar-Mays
Lighthouse Master

Postby jaymatt1978 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:28 pm

Well Currituck will always have a special place in my heart because it's the first one I climbed with my brother and his friends.I even managed to write the trip into my best man speech. Too bad I didn't realize to buy a lighthouse passport when I was there. Hopefully I'll be back before long!!
jaymatt1978
Keeper

Postby rocky5128 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:48 pm

I have only been there once. I myself love anything that is made of brick and is in its natural form. The day I was there was one of those hot, muggy August days. There were a lot of people there painting their pictures of the lighthouse with all the trees. I even took a picture of a person painting her picture of Currituck, with the lighthouse in the background. I like the grounds myself, it is not often that you get a lot of trees with a lighthouse . It must be beautiful when the leaves change.

Kathy
rocky5128
Assistant Inspector

Return to Southeast & Gulf Coast Lighthouses