|

Revenues From Ponce Inlet

A forum to discuss lighthouses in the Southeast US and the Gulf Coast
(North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, Texas)

Moderator: beachbum1616

Postby Grover1 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:36 am

Believe those who search for the truth ...
Doubt those who find it ...
Grover1
Lighthouse God

Postby Rob143 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:25 am

Yet another town council trying to get their hands on money that doesn't belong to them.
Rob143
Head Keeper

Postby Larry » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:07 am

"enhance the town's budget" =))

"He also said he believed there was money handled by the association that was unaccounted for and perhaps was being spent for the benefit of association members."

Yes, whip out the old impropriety allegation. Without any evidence. Didn't Currituck County pull out the same card against the OBC? :evil:
Larry
Larry
Inspector

Postby Gary Martin » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:51 am

Why is it that the main source of impropriety, the politicians, are always the first to accuse others of their sins :?: Just another disgusting grab for money by a town that undoubtedly has plenty its own impropriety and fiscal mismanagement.

The last time I was down to Ponce Inlet, the local police were writing enough speeding tickets that they ought to be able to fund the town singlehandedly :!:

What makes this whole issue worse is that the turkey doing the finger pointing isn't an elected official, just a mayoral candidate! Gimme a break :!: :!: :!: :!:
Gary Martin
Lighthouse Master

Postby Rob143 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:36 am

Gary Martin wrote:What makes this whole issue worse is that the turkey doing the finger pointing isn't an elected official, just a mayoral candidate! Gimme a break :!: :!: :!: :!:

I can hear his campaign platform now.

"I won't raise taxes! I'll just steal it from the good folks out at the lighthouse instead."
Rob143
Head Keeper

Postby Gary Martin » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:09 pm

Did he move down to Florida from North Carolina... maybe somewhere around Currituck?
Gary Martin
Lighthouse Master

Return to Southeast & Gulf Coast Lighthouses