|

ALF's 2006 YEAR-END CAMPAIGN...

A forum to post information on endangered lighthouses, fundraising efforts, and rescue or volunteer information!

Moderator: vacastle

Postby Paul » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:11 pm

ALF's 2006 YEAR-END CAMPAIGN...

Help ALF Save Our Lighthouses!

Posted 11/1/06: It is that time of year...a time when we celebrate our accomplishments of 2006 and begin planning our exciting projects and events for 2007. An important part of that process is our Year-End Campaign, which raises funds for particularly urgent areas of development, as well as the ongoing efforts to save and preserve our lighthouses!

Click the following link for the rest of the story:

http://lighthousefoundation.org/

Please Help!

My best, :D
Paul Conlin
Secretary.
American Lighthouse Foundation
Help Keep Ken Black's Dream Alive
Join or Make a Donation Today!

Maine Lighthouse Museum
One Park Drive P.O. Box 1116
Rockland, Maine 04841

(207) 594-3301

www.MaineLighthouseMuseum.org
Paul
Assistant Inspector

Postby epona » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:25 am

In my own small way I will be making a donation this month. I will be joining the Friends of Wood Island Lighthouse.

While I think it is important to give money their are other ways which one can give. "Time - treasure and talent". I have encouraged people to volunteer. I given out information on various Maine Lighthouse to people and the like. In addition I try to buy small presents for people at lighthouse gift shops. The majority of my budgeted monies where spent at the Portland Head Lighthouse gift shop - this past Friday.

This morning I will be in Biddeford Pool for a meeting. I will get to look out at Wood Island Lighthouse from several view points. I never take for granted that I am blessed to live in a city that has within it's boundaries a lighthouse.

So while I have limited amounts of money to give. I can give my time to help the cause.

Carole and of course Epona
epona
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Biggy » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:45 am

In addition to my annual donations to various lighthouse organizations, ALF included, this weekend while at a craft show in Boston I will be offering the folks who attend the show a chance at a special-edition print of Pemaquid Point Lighthouse, and all the money collected from the sale of this 10-print special edition will be sent along to Friends of Pemaquid Point. The print is of the same Pemaquid photo that won the Digest photo contest this year. I didn't intend to print it for selling purposes, but with Pemaquid in need of some restoration work, I figured now would be as good a time as any to offer that print. Hopefully, I'll sell all 10 prints this weekend and send the check to Friends of Pemaquid next week.

Of course, a percentage of all sales from this weekend's show -- like I have done throughout the year with all my sales -- will go to some lighthouse organization anyway, as part of my "Save the Lighthouses" campaign. If you've been to my website any time this year, you'd know what I'm talking about. But for those who don't know, just go to my site and find out. It's at the bottom of this message (at least it should be) 8O

Anyway ... Anybody who will be in the Boston area either Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and has a couple of hours to stop by the annual Christmas Craft Festival at the Seaport World Trade Center, I will be there, at booth number 874, with all my prints, coaster sets and mouse pads. Stop by and say hello if you get the chance.
David
------------------------------
Check out www.biggysphotosetc.com for updates on David's upcoming book, Lighthouses: Maine to Florida, scheduled for an April release by Schiffer Publishing.
Biggy
Assistant Inspector

Postby Ross » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:20 am

Hmm, I may be able to check that out. Cool!
Ross
LH.net Administrator

Postby Biggy » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:51 pm

I forgot to mention the craft show hours: 12 to 7 p.m. Friday; 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday; and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. If you need directions or other information, the website is www.christmascraftfestival.com.
David
------------------------------
Check out www.biggysphotosetc.com for updates on David's upcoming book, Lighthouses: Maine to Florida, scheduled for an April release by Schiffer Publishing.
Biggy
Assistant Inspector

Postby epona » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:40 pm

Thank you for letting know about this event. I hope you do very well.
Please let us know how you did.

Carole and of course Epona
epona
Lt. Commissioner

Return to Lighthouse Rescue & Fundraising