|

NELL's 10th Anniversary Raffle! All Destination Prizes!

A forum to post information on endangered lighthouses, fundraising efforts, and rescue or volunteer information!

Moderator: vacastle

Postby vacastle » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:18 am

NEW ENGLAND LIGHTHOUSE LOVERS 10TH ANNIVERSARY RAFFLE
Win a 2008 Lighthouse, Beach or Schooner Vacation! :cool:

$5 per Ticket or 6 for $25! Each ticket entitles you to a chance to win!

TICKETS MAY BE PURCHASED FROM ANY NELL MEMBER.
Members can obtain additional tickets to sell from Ellen Granoth, Co-Treasurer @ ellenlg@sbcglobal.net. A limited number will be mailed to members after the NELL meeting, June 9-10.

Proceeds to benefit New England lighthouse preservation through NELL, a chapter of the American Lighthouse Foundation.

*All destination prizes. Choose from specified availability in 2008! Details are also posted on the NELL Website

PRIZES:

• Race Point Lighthouse, Cape Cod- Week stay for 2 in the “yellow room” of the Keeper’s dwelling at the lighthouse.

Winner's choice of week in May, June, Sept, or October, 2008. Winner must bring drinking water, food and linens. Go back in time and live like the Keeper! Beautiful location at the tip of Cape Cod.
    Visit Race Point

Donated by Cape Cod Chapter of the American Lighthouse Foundation.
    ~
  • Outer Banks, North Carolina on Hatteras Island- Week stay ocean & sound view 4 BR/3 Bath Beach House.

Winner's choice of any available off season week, 2008 (Jan- Memorial Day & Labor Day through December.)
    Perfect location to visit Hatteras, Ocracoke, Bodie and Currituck lighthouses!
    Tour the "Beach Happy" beach house

Donated by friends of NELL.
    ~
  • Aruba, St.Martin, Hawaii, Cancun, Puerta Vallarta, or Disney Area, FL- Winner's choice of one location for a week stay.

Choose from any available week in 2008. Bask in the sun at your choice of destination or tour Disney World.

Donated by members of NELL
    ~
  • Windjammer Cruise along the Maine Coast on the Schooner Mary Day- 4 days for two adults.

Vacation is early June 2008 for a lighthouse cruise along the coast of Maine. See island villages, snug harbors and more than 20 historic lighthouses.
    Visit the Schooner Mary Day

Donated by Ted & Jo Panayatoff & the Schooner Mary Day.
    ~
  • Nantucket Island, MA - Weekend stay for 2 at the Nantucket Inn, with buffet breakfast each day.

Prize is valid for 2008-2009, except for July 1- Aug. 30, and is subject to availability. The Inn is open late April to the end of October. Visit the quaint, picturesque island of Nantucket off the coast of Massachusetts & enjoy a stay at a special place.
    Visit the Nantucket Inn

Donated by friends of NELL
    ~
  • Thacher Island, MA - Weekend stay for 2 in the Assistant Keeper’s dwelling at the lighthouse.

Available weekend is Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon, August 1, 2 & 3rd, 2008 only.
    Winner must bring linens, drinking water & food.
    Visit Thacher Island

Donated by Thacher Island Association.

TICKETS MAY BE PURCHASED FROM ANY NELL MEMBER.

Once you have your tickets, please send your check made out to NELL & signed ticket stubs to:
NELL c/o Ellen Granoth, Co-Treasurer
124 Scott St, Naugatuck, CT, 06770

Drawing to be held at NELL Fall Membership Meeting, October 14, 2007.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE PRESENT TO WIN

NELL Raffle Committee Contacts:
Judy Castleberry, Publicity Chair @j_castleberry@verizon.net,
Lee Hall, Fundraising Co-Chair @leonrhall@comcast.net,
Ellen Granoth, Co-Treasurer @ ellenlg@sbcglobal.net

Thank you!

Judy Castleberry
New England Lighthouse Lovers
http://www.nell.cc/index.htm
vacastle
Lighthouse Master

Postby rocky5128 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:48 pm

What is the best way for one of us Non-NELL people to get raffle tickets?

Kathy
rocky5128
Assistant Inspector

Postby vacastle » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:50 pm

Hi Kathy,

Tickets can be purchased from any NELL member, and we have a bunch who are members here at LH.Net. All members will be receiving a packet of tickets within the next week, if they don't already have a supply. Some members attended the Spring meeting in Maine this weekend and received them then.

Since individual members are selling these, we can take checks but no PayPal.

Thanks for asking! :D

Judy
vacastle
Lighthouse Master

Postby rocky5128 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:00 pm

Are they going to be selling any at lighthouses this month? I will be up in New England at the end of the month so I can buy some if they have any available.

Kathy
rocky5128
Assistant Inspector

Postby vacastle » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:59 am

All NELL members should now have a supply of tickets to sell you. Mailing to members was completed this past week.

Sales are going well! Big thanks to all who have purchased so far!

Judy
vacastle
Lighthouse Master

Postby wheland » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:15 am

I can get anybody any number of tickets they need. Just contact me offlist.

I got my packet and sent the sold tickets back the next day- i'm hoping to get the house on the Outer Banks for a week next March.

Dennis
wheland
Inspector

Postby ericlighthouse » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:39 pm

Cool prizes. I got my tickets already.
President of Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation, Godfather of Jones Point River Lighthouse, member and EVP of Florida Lighthouse Association and member of other lighthouse groups.
ericlighthouse
Assistant Inspector

Postby wheland » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:37 pm

ericlighthouse wrote:Cool prizes. I got my tickets already.

You can always buy more. We don't limit the amount you can buy. :D

Dennis
wheland
Inspector

Postby vacastle » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:28 am

Have you purchased your NELL raffle tickets? Any NELL member can sell them to you. $5 each or purchase 6 @ $25.00!

I'm happy to report that ticket sales are going good for the New England Lighthouse Lovers 10th Anniversary Raffle. Please don't miss your chance to purchase these tickets.

Photo of Race Point by Tom Kenworthy as featured in Lighthouse Digest, August, 2007 issue.

A ticket gives you a chance to win a week's stay at Race Point Lighthouse or a week on the Outer Banks of North Carolina where you can visit the Hatteras, Ocracoke, Bodie and Currituck lighthouses during your stay.

Or, you could win a four day lighthouse cruise along the coast of Maine on the Schooner Mary Day, or choose a week at any of these destinations:
Aruba, St.Martin, Hawaii, Cancun, Puerta Vallarta, or Disney Area, FL.

How does a weekend on Nantucket staying at the beautiful Nantucket Inn sound to you?

You might even win a stay in the Assistant Keeper's dwelling at the remote Thacher Island lighthouse where you would be transported by boat to the island to live like the keepers did for a weekend.

See the first post in this thread for complete information on the drawing, or see our 1/2 page ad in the current issue of Lighthouse Digest.

Drawing will be held at NELL's fall meeting, October 14th but you do not need to be present to win.

Proceeds to benefit New England lighthouse preservation through NELL, a chapter of the American Lighthouse Foundation.

Thanks to everyone here at Lighthousing.net who has responded already. If you missed the first notice, remember tickets can be purchased from any NELL member.

Judy :D

NELL
Last edited by vacastle on Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
vacastle
Lighthouse Master

Postby wheland » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:21 am

I'm ready willing and able to provide as many tickets as anybody would like.

I accept checks, money orders, cash or Paypal for the tickets and will mail your stubs out to to ASAP.
:D

Dennis
wheland
Inspector

Postby epona » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:52 am

As Judy knows I followed up and send her a check for my tickets. I did this with thoughts of Peter. He really loved being involved with NELL.

So if you have not bought any tickets please help support the cause.

Carole
epona
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Biggy » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:03 pm

I've got mine ... and regardless of what Dennis says, I'm winning that OBX trip! LOL j/k ... I still want the Schooner ride or the Race Point stay. :lol:
David
------------------------------
Check out www.biggysphotosetc.com for updates on David's upcoming book, Lighthouses: Maine to Florida, scheduled for an April release by Schiffer Publishing.
Biggy
Assistant Inspector

Postby vacastle » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:43 pm

:whistle: Hurry, Hurry! Only a Couple of Weeks Left to Purchase Your Tickets!!! TICKETS MAY BE PURCHASED FROM ANY NELL MEMBER. \:D/

NEW ENGLAND LIGHTHOUSE LOVERS 10TH ANNIVERSARY RAFFLE
Win a 2008 Lighthouse, Beach or Schooner Vacation! :cool:

:arrow: List of our Six Cool Prizes can be found in the first post of this thread 8) All destination prizes. Choose from specified availability in 2008! Details are also posted on the NELL Website

:arrow: $5 per Ticket or 6 for $25! Each ticket entitles you to a chance to win!

:arrow: PLEASE RETURN YOUR SIGNED STUBS TO THE PERSON WHO SOLD YOU YOUR TICKETS - TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE!
Drawing to be held at NELL Fall Membership Meeting, October 14, 2007. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE PRESENT TO WIN

NELL Raffle Committee Contacts:
Judy Castleberry, Publicity Chair @j_castleberry@verizon.net,
Lee Hall, Fundraising Co-Chair @leonrhall@comcast.net

:yay: Huge Thank You's to ALL Who Have Participated So Far. We wish each of you could be winners!

Judy Castleberry
NELL Raffle Committee Chair
vacastle
Lighthouse Master

Postby vacastle » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:15 pm

Coming down the home stretch. Last chance to buy your NELL raffle tickets. See list of prizes and ticket info in this thread.

Drawing is October 14th!

Judy
vacastle
Lighthouse Master

Return to Lighthouse Rescue & Fundraising