|

Bowers Beach Lighthouse for Sale

A forum to discuss lighthouses Mid-Atlantic Region of the US
(New York, New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware)

Moderator: beachbum1616

Postby epona » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:27 am

Boats you have good point. One can only hope that whom every buying the lighthouses up for bid that they will take care of them.

If you have money restoring a lighthouse(s) is very possible. Even if you do not have the money - a person hobbies and interests can enjoyable not only for yourself but for others to enjoy.

The latest news article posted talked about after a time not hearing the fog horn. I agree with not hearing things like that after a while. During the Patriots Day Storm the trains stopped running due to flooding. Something was wrong and off for me that afternoon. I was not hearing the passenger and freight trains. I live on a hill in Biddeford the train tracks that I can see are in Saco about a mile plus away from my vantage point. The trains had become part of the music of my life. The freight trains run 24 hours a day, I feel at easy when I heard their horns and sounds. (I am glad that I do not live right next to the tracks, but people that I know do feel the same way I do)

Carole AKA Epona
epona
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Grover1 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:26 pm

Believe those who search for the truth ...
Doubt those who find it ...
Grover1
Lighthouse God

Previous

Return to Mid-Atlantic Lighthouses