|

New Jersey Lighthouse Challenge- BANDWIDTH HOG

A forum to discuss lighthouses Mid-Atlantic Region of the US
(New York, New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware)

Moderator: beachbum1616

Postby Gary Martin » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:22 pm

The 9th annual NJ Lighthouse Challenge is scheduled for the weekend of October 18/19.

I'll get a copy of the brochure posted as soon as I can get it scanned and downsized.
Last edited by Gary Martin on Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Martin
Lighthouse Master

Postby Grover1 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:13 am

Gary ...

Thanks for the heads up ... if these tired old knees are down for it, that night climb in Cape May is calling me ... I was looking at the brochure on line ... its a great looking document

Also, browsing the Challenge site ... two opportunities ...

For 2008, we are pleased to introduce the addition of 2 new sites to the Challenge route:

· Barnegat Light Historical Museum displaying Barnegat Light's 1st Order Fresnel Lens
· Cape May County Museum displaying Cape May's 1st Order Fresnel Lens
<br>
Believe those who search for the truth ...
Doubt those who find it ...
Grover1
Lighthouse God

Postby wheland » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:59 am

Gary,

Esther and I will probably be volunteering at East Point both days in the afternoon this year.

Here's a link to the NJLHS site where you can download a brochure , volunteer, get your questions answered, etc.

http://www.njlhs.org/

Don't forget to try and go to one of the lighthouses that is open for night climbs. Cape May is spectacular at night as are the others.

I can mail a copy of the brochure to anybody who would like one.

I can arrange for a shipment- or delivery if not too far from Trenton, NJ- of a supply of brochures if you have a place that would like to distribute them.

I'm a volunteer on the outreach commitee as well and do a number of outreaches for the NJLHS every year.

Dennis
wheland
Inspector

Postby Gary Martin » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:44 pm

Doreen shipped me a box of brochures for my summer run of arts and crafts fairs, Dennis. I suspect I'll go through them without much effort. Seems like I've had good traffic through my booth at about every arts and crafts fair that I've done.
Gary Martin
Lighthouse Master

Postby Biggy » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:46 pm

Dennis ... If you still have my address, you can send me some of the brochures. I can put some in the Southern Ocean Chamber of Commerce office and with my permanent display at Island Arts on LBI.

And ... since I am not doing any shows this fall, I think I might sign up to volunteer over at Barnegat Lighthouse. I haven't been able to volunteer the past few years, but this year I have reason to believe that weekend is wide open for me, so this could be the year.

Anyway, Dennis ... Let me know if you need my address again. E-mail if you need to.
David
------------------------------
Check out www.biggysphotosetc.com for updates on David's upcoming book, Lighthouses: Maine to Florida, scheduled for an April release by Schiffer Publishing.
Biggy
Assistant Inspector

Postby wheland » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:13 am

David,

It's possible that you could do both have a show and volunteer for the Challenge.

They have artists and photographer's showing thier wares at many of the lighthouses during the challenge.

You might be able to do this at the Barnegat Museum. I'd suggest contacting someone via the website and checking it out.

http://www.njlhs.org

Dennis

Biggy wrote:Dennis ... If you still have my address, you can send me some of the brochures. I can put some in the Southern Ocean Chamber of Commerce office and with my permanent display at Island Arts on LBI.

And ... since I am not doing any shows this fall, I think I might sign up to volunteer over at Barnegat Lighthouse. I haven't been able to volunteer the past few years, but this year I have reason to believe that weekend is wide open for me, so this could be the year.

Anyway, Dennis ... Let me know if you need my address again. E-mail if you need to.
wheland
Inspector

Postby Gary Martin » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:56 pm

For those who haven't seen the brochure yet, here's the outside of it. Remind me again why I hate using flatbed scanners?

Gary Martin
Lighthouse Master

Postby Biggy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:16 pm

As tempting as that is, Dennis, I've chosen to pass on doing shows this year. I had to devote a lot of time and travel to putting the book together, and I decided a long time ago not to do shows this year. That is why I set up a permanent display at Island Arts in Ship Bottom. That, right now, is my selling point. I'm not big on selling during an NJLHS function, anyway. I'd rather just volunteer some time and help out at the Challenge.
David
------------------------------
Check out www.biggysphotosetc.com for updates on David's upcoming book, Lighthouses: Maine to Florida, scheduled for an April release by Schiffer Publishing.
Biggy
Assistant Inspector

Return to Mid-Atlantic Lighthouses