|

Repairs at Harbor of Refuge

A forum to discuss lighthouses Mid-Atlantic Region of the US
(New York, New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware)

Moderator: beachbum1616

Postby Grover1 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:19 am

Believe those who search for the truth ...
Doubt those who find it ...
Grover1
Lighthouse God

Postby Red » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:57 pm

One of our biggest challenges is finding new people to volunteer their time, an on going issue that haunts DRBLHF. It makes restoration that much more difficult when there is always a manpower issue but our core group does a fantastic job both on tours and restoration. RED
Red
Keeper

Postby Blacktphoto » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:57 pm

If the group is shorthanded for volunteers, perhaps someone could make a General Discussion post or post a notice in the Rescue and Fundraising forum to help recruit extra hands on the next outing.

For that matter, it might be interesting to see an independent Volunteer Opportunities forum where groups could make their recruitment needs more visible to others that might not otherwise know, but want to help.

Just a thought.
Blacktphoto
1st Assistant Keeper

Postby beachbum1616 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:21 pm

I would love to help out, but I never know when things are happening or how to get involved.
Stephen

beachbum1616
Lighthouse Master

Postby ericlighthouse » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:09 pm

Stephen, perhaps you could get on their email list. I have started one for the Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation. I could add you if you send me your email address (I know you don't live close to the Keys, but if you think you might want to come down some time let me know).

Stephen can you drive a small boat (like 20 foot) and be able to come down to Marathon, Florida the weekend of September 20th? Our meeting will be held in Marathon and we will take out the members to Sombrero Lighthouse in honor of its' 150 year anniversary.

my email ericlighthouse@yahoo.com
Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation www.reeflights.org/
President of Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation, Godfather of Jones Point River Lighthouse, member and EVP of Florida Lighthouse Association and member of other lighthouse groups.
ericlighthouse
Assistant Inspector

Return to Mid-Atlantic Lighthouses