|

NELL on Nantucket

Just got back from a lighthouse trip? Have you just finished photographing every aspect of one lighthouse? Post the pictures here! Lighthouse-related photos are also welcome.

Postby shirin » Tue May 10, 2005 10:07 am

Hi All!

Thought I'd give you a little taste of our trip from this past weekend. Hurricane NELL part II as we have dubbed the storm, didn't keep us from seeing the island lights or from having a great weekend.

shirin
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Keeper » Tue May 10, 2005 2:30 pm

Wow, I'm amazed that you guys made it! The weather was certainly awful, and on TV they kept mentioning Nantucket -- it sounded like the highest winds were there; I believe they said it was gusting to 50 mph. I seriously doubted that the ferry was even running. Must have been a bumpy ride! But Nantucket is always a great place to visit -- glad you made it.
Keeper
Assistant Inspector

Postby Leah Loar-Mays » Tue May 10, 2005 6:47 pm

I would have taken it, wind and all................... :(
Leah
Leah Loar-Mays
Lighthouse Master

Postby vacastle » Wed May 11, 2005 9:53 am

I thought about you guys ALL weekend! I know you are very glad to have been there, regardless of the weather, but we're all happy to know you're back.

Now, we're looking forward to lots more photos. Thanks Shirin, for posting the first one.

To NELL and their great adventures! :yay:

Judy
New England Lighthouse Lovers
http://www.nell.cc/index.htm
vacastle
Lighthouse Master

Postby shirin » Fri May 13, 2005 11:07 am

A write up and just the begining of some photos have been posted on our website at http://www.nell.cc/Spring2005Meeting/Xt ... ousing.htm
shirin
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Grover1 » Fri May 13, 2005 7:26 pm

Take the time ...

Read the recap ... look at the pictures ... its a great narrative ...

Shirin, thanks for the heads up ... waiting patiently for the rest.

Barry
Believe those who search for the truth ...
Doubt those who find it ...
Grover1
Lighthouse God

Postby shirin » Wed May 18, 2005 4:56 am

Well guys, if I could ever find the time when I'm home to get more photos uploaded I would. Needless to say, it was quite the adventure that weekend and one I'm glad I didn't miss. Couldn't see for most of the weekend thanks to snapping my glasses in half Saturday morning, but from most of the photos I have been seeing, I don't think i was missing all that much sceenery wise. However, I did learn that if you don't like talking in front of groups of people and break your glasses and can't see them all staring at you while you are trying to lead a meeting, it ain't all that bad! I'd have to say that was the first time I didn't have any trouble with nerves in front of a group of that size. Perhaps we'll just have to lose the glasses for the Fall meeting.
shirin
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Zachary » Wed May 18, 2005 5:33 am

Great pictures, some of the ones of Brant Point reminded me of Wings
Zachary
Head Keeper

Return to Lighthouse Photo Reports