|

Marquette area lights Aug 23-05

Just got back from a lighthouse trip? Have you just finished photographing every aspect of one lighthouse? Post the pictures here! Lighthouse-related photos are also welcome.

Postby TenofHearts12 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:51 pm

Marquette was not really on our list but we had wandered over in that area account we were directly south while visiting some waterfalls so we decided to drop by. As it was between 5:30 and 6 PM, we decided not to fight the traffic to get over to the Presque Isle Harbor Light so that pic was taken from the Marquette Harbor Lighthouse area. Same goes for the Marquette Lower Harbor Breakwater Light though it was more being too pooped to walk all the way out to it. Hersh's 400 mm would have come in handy :-) but for those 2 lights and the one closeup of the Marquette harbor Lighthouse, we relied on my lady friend's 10x zoom on her digital camera. We still had to get over to Munising that day to find our motel and some food! :D

Preque Isle Harbor Light

Marquette Lower Harbor Breakwater Light

The last 4 pics are all of Marquette harbor Lighthouse

Last edited by TenofHearts12 on Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Your never too old to do goofy stuff" (Ward Cleaver, Leave It To Beaver)
TenofHearts12
Keeper

Postby Hersh » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:29 pm

Man, you really had some good weather for these, I'm jealous. And you did well by not walking out to the two harbor lights, the shots you got from a distance are much more interesting, with the rocks and breakwater in them. Lights like that are tough to shoot because they're so dull, but you pulled it off nicely. Well done.
Mike Hershberger
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

http://www.harbor-of-refuge.com
Hersh
Lighthouse Master

Postby Leah Loar-Mays » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:55 pm

More beautiful photos! I am SO envious! Thanks for sharing, Ten. :D
Leah
Leah Loar-Mays
Lighthouse Master

Postby TenofHearts12 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:30 pm

I'm just grateful to all of you folks that have posted so many beautiful pics to share that inspires me to take better pics and also share in the adventures :-)
"Your never too old to do goofy stuff" (Ward Cleaver, Leave It To Beaver)
TenofHearts12
Keeper

Return to Lighthouse Photo Reports