|

End of the Road Range Lights Aug 23-05

Just got back from a lighthouse trip? Have you just finished photographing every aspect of one lighthouse? Post the pictures here! Lighthouse-related photos are also welcome.

Postby TenofHearts12 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:57 pm

The End Of The Road Range Lights are only about 10 minutes West of Munising on M28. You would think after a long day we would be content for a little R&R but after relaxing in our motel room and after a nice meal,
we found ourselves driving around Munising. We decided to go West and check out these 2 lights that evening as it would give us more time to do more the next day. These pics were taken between 8 and 8:45 PM. I wished the sun had already set because I could not get a good pic of the Rear Range Light account of it being black on the bottom half surrounded by trees and brush and the top half in bright sunlight. The first 3 pics are on the Rear Range Light on the South side of M28 and the last 3 pics are of the Frong Range Light on the North side of M28.

If you look up about 2.5 inches from the bottom center of the pic and you squint :lol: you can see the Rear Range Light.
"Your never too old to do goofy stuff" (Ward Cleaver, Leave It To Beaver)
TenofHearts12
Keeper

Postby Jen » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:05 pm

Nice shots, Gerald! Looks like you had some pretty late evening light on these. Have you ever been to the UP in the fall? Absolutely out of this world. It's my favorite time to visit up there - unfortunately, my annual trip got nixed this year due to new house and new baby! You can see some of my shots from last year's trip here, if you're interested. The link below is for my summer trip to the Keweenaw with a couple other UP shots, and some others are below.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=419374

"Lake Superior Froth" - taken last fall on the walk to Au Sable Lighthouse.

"Wagner Falls" - taken in Fall of 1999 - some softening added in Photoshop.
Jen
Assistant Inspector

Postby TenofHearts12 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:26 pm

Wow! Those are some fantastic shots so I thank YOU for sharing those :-). I have never been to the Upper P in the Fall but I have seen beautiful pics taken up that time of year. The part of Nebraska that I live in, we do not get all those leaf colors you folks do but I have been able to enjoy the Fall colors of Indiana and one time in Pennsylvania. I use to visit Indiana in October years ago but it worked out better to come in late August and the latter 3 weeks of November so I miss out on the colors :(

I am glad that nobody made mention of the wrong dates I had posted at each one of our stops in the Upper P; I got the dates right just not the month :D . I went back and changed the month to August as it should have been :-)
TenofHearts12
Keeper

Postby Hersh » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:41 pm

I like those Gerald, the light looks challenging, but you made the best of it. and the shots of the front light look really good considering how boring a structure it is. You definitely have an eye, keep shooting and you'll only continue to improve.
Mike Hershberger
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

http://www.harbor-of-refuge.com
Hersh
Lighthouse Master

Postby beachbum1616 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:00 am

Those are an interesting pair of lights. That front range light is really odd looking though.

What is/was that stone structure in front of the fornt range light almost in the water in the second pic?
Stephen

beachbum1616
Lighthouse Master

Postby TenofHearts12 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:14 pm

Thanks, Hersh. I am learning to take a few extra seconds to "size up" my shots and hopefully get the best that I can as to interesting and nice to look at.

Stephen, thanks for bringing that up and I am hoping somebody on this forum can answer that question account we found no "signs" or "plaques" at the site nor could we find anyone to provide us with that info as to the steps. We had forgotten so again, thanks for the question and I hope someone can give us both an answer :-)
TenofHearts12
Keeper

Return to Lighthouse Photo Reports