|

Crisp Point Light Aug 26-05

Just got back from a lighthouse trip? Have you just finished photographing every aspect of one lighthouse? Post the pictures here! Lighthouse-related photos are also welcome.

Postby TenofHearts12 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:58 am

A few shots of the beautiful Crisp Point Light and dock remains. We had this one all to ourselves the whole time we were there :-)

Last edited by TenofHearts12 on Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Your never too old to do goofy stuff" (Ward Cleaver, Leave It To Beaver)
TenofHearts12
Keeper

Postby Hersh » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:59 pm

Don't you wish you could have them all toyourself..... I know I do.
Mike Hershberger
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

http://www.harbor-of-refuge.com
Hersh
Lighthouse Master

Postby xihunter » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:12 am

Gorgeous Pictures!!!! :yay:

It is so wonderful all the work they have done at Crisp Point. I was surprised to see the water so high. The last time I was there...the water was not anywhere near the rocks they have hauled in for erosion protection. Good thing those rocks are there!!!!!

Seeing those pictures make me really wish to go back and visit that gorgeous lighthouse...been there at least 3 times and loved every time...

Good job again on the pics!!!! :D
Michael
xihunter
Keeper

Postby Miss_Hatteras » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:33 pm

Mike, I just *LOVE* those pictures ~ :wink:
~*Behold The Forever Love*~
Philly B.
Miss_Hatteras
1st Assistant Keeper

Postby TenofHearts12 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:42 pm

Hi folks :-)

First, I made a mistake by showing picture 7 twice as 7 and 8 so now you will see the real "8" so sorry bout that.

Hersh, I agree with you 100% and though I am a "people person" I like to be at the lighthouses alone or just my lady friend and me. I've only seen about 26 lighthouses so far but we have been lucky enough that at 23 of them, we had them to ourselves; either nobody was there or people leaving as we were coming or we were leaving as people were arriving.

Michael, I saw the "before" pics before people stepped in to save Crisp Point and did all that wonderful restoration work at the site. All I can say is that they got there in the nick of time and bless em for that! :-)

Thanks for the kind words about the pics. I enjoy taking and sharing them :-)
TenofHearts12
Keeper

Postby xihunter » Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:33 am

Yes, it is wonderful that they stepped in and saved it. I had the pleasure of meeting the couple that sold their house in Ohio to move up to Paradise and start working to save this wonderful place. Unfortunately, she passed away a couple years back, but her husband still works hard to save it and they seem to do more up there every year to work to save the light and the surrounding area! :D
Michael
xihunter
Keeper

Postby shirin » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:09 am

This is one light that surely is near the top of my "To See" list every year. And your photos are certainly keeping it there at the top of the list for 2006. Now, if only I could break away from all of these East Coast lights for a trip or two, I should be all set. Thanks once again for sharing all of your photos from lights I've yet to see! You're providing some good motivation to do some serious trip planning this winter! Keep those photos coming please!
shirin
Lt. Commissioner

Postby TenofHearts12 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:49 pm

Michael,

I think that is pretty neat that you were able to meet the folks who were and are involved in taking care of Crisp Point. I know I surely would have enjoyed talking with them :-)

Shirin,

Thanks for your kind words :-) and I can honestly say that all the photos you folks have posted here or on your websites have left me with plans for years and years to see all the lights. I especially want to see some East Coast lights for historical reasons and also the fact that the tallest ones seem to be there; I think the tallest one I've seen so far is 112 feet so Cape Hatteras boggles the mind. I also own DVDs of the Legendary Lighthouses 1 and 2 so that was a wonderful, knowledgeable and inspiring investment.
TenofHearts12
Keeper

Postby xihunter » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:21 pm

It was very neat to talk to the people who started the work to save Crisp Point. They take it very seriously and thoroughly enjoy the work they do to help save the light. It is incredible what they have done and continue to do. Too bad there are not more people in the world like them.....
Michael
xihunter
Keeper

Return to Lighthouse Photo Reports