|

Lighthouse on Maui

Just got back from a lighthouse trip? Have you just finished photographing every aspect of one lighthouse? Post the pictures here! Lighthouse-related photos are also welcome.

Postby shirin » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:41 am

Decided since it was snowing this morning for Turkey Day in the cold Northeast that it was time to revisit my photos from Hawaii and think about warmer weather.

We spent 2 days on the island of Maui however no lighthouse tours were scheduled for the group.

Day 1 Liz and I decided to go snorkeling at Molokini Crater and Turtle Arches. This was a new adventure for me having never had an interest in snorkeling but boy am I glad I went! I would have to say that the highlight of my time in Hawaii was certainly snorkeling with the sea turtles we saw at Turtle Arches! Didn't get any great photos by any means with the disposable camera I had with me but I certainly know what I'll need to invest in prior to my next cruise!

Day 2 was a shopping day. Fortunately, the ship had a shuttle over to the whaling town of Lahaina home to the site of the oldest lighthouse in Hawaii and on the US Pacific coast. Here are some photos of the current lighthouse at the site.

Certainly not an easy light to get a decent photo of the entire tower since it is right in front of the docks for tourist boats and the ferry over to Lanai but there it is.

And of course it was just a nice scenic town so to leave you with today...

shirin
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Hersh » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:33 am

Not an attractive light, but i'd say the surroundings more than make up for it.
Mike Hershberger
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

http://www.harbor-of-refuge.com
Hersh
Lighthouse Master

Postby wheland » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:21 am

Shirin,

There's a very similar one in the harbor at Hilo.

I've got photos of it somewhere.

We never made it to Maui but we did see some turtles on the Black Beach on the island of Hawaii.

Thanks for the great photos.

Dennis
wheland
Inspector

Return to Lighthouse Photo Reports