|

Avery Point Again!

Just got back from a lighthouse trip? Have you just finished photographing every aspect of one lighthouse? Post the pictures here! Lighthouse-related photos are also welcome.

Postby shirin » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:24 am

This past Sunday after our Spring NELL Board meeting on the Avery Point UCONN campus in Groton, CT , we all had the great opportunity to climb the Avery Point light and check out all of the great work that has been done there over the past few years. More bricks are going into the walkways this week. And the door needs a bit of work done to it. But...it certainly has come a long, long way in the past 6 years!

And because it was such a nice day, I have a few photos for the group.

shirin
Lt. Commissioner

Postby epona » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:36 am

Shirin,

These photo's you took are very impressive.

My understanding is that you can still buy bricks for the walk way.

I also understand that you and several other people bought a brick for Peter.

So, if bricks are still available and any wants to chip in to buy another one. I will pay help pay for one more brick, but I cannot afford one on my own right now.

Again, WOW super photo's. Would you be will to sell any of these photo???
I have a wall in my apartment that needs some photo's on it.

Carole
epona
Lt. Commissioner

Postby shirin » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:51 am

Thanks Carole!

Yes, bricks are still being sold and yes, a group of us here at LH.net chipped in to buy a brick in honor of Peter. Just working on the wording and will get that application in soon.

And yes, I can certainly sell photos! That's my project for this year! So...if there is anyone in particular you would like just let me know!
shirin
Lt. Commissioner

Postby vacastle » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:44 am

Great photos, Shirin :D
What an opportunity to go inside this lighthouse and climb! Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Judy
New England Lighthouse Lovers
http://www.nell.cc/index.htm
vacastle
Lighthouse Master

Postby Zachary » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:54 pm

Great pictures, I've been curious for a while though, what does the interior look like? Do you have any photos?
Zachary
Head Keeper

Postby shirin » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:43 am

It is just an empty space minus a nearly vertical ladder up to the lantern. I didn't take any photos of it as people were in front of me climbing and I didn't think they would like me taking photos of that! I also did not have my wide angle lens with me at the time so photos wouldn't have been all that easy or great to start with.
shirin
Lt. Commissioner

Return to Lighthouse Photo Reports