|

Fog signals on CD or tape

Forum to discuss all areas of lighthouse technology such as optics, fuels, fog signals, radiobeacons, daymarks, construction, etc.

Postby boats » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:50 am

do any of you folks have a recording of any fog horns or know where to buy fog horn sounds. "Boats"
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby mikev » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:11 am

There's a CD and probably a tape of the St. Joseph foghorn in Michigan. If Terry or someone else doesn't post, I'll dig up my copy and see if I can get you a contact for ordering...
Mike Vogel
Buffalo Lighthouse/ALCC

mikev
Keeper

Postby boats » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:34 am

Mikev, thanks. I have a recording of Dututh that I use in Eternal Sea light, but I would like to change the fog sounds now and then. Also trying to find other marine sounds as well. Ship sounds, harbor sounds, any sound you would hear near a lighthouse. "boats"
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Terry_Pepper » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:36 am

I do not have the CD of the ST. Joseph fog signal, but I do have a CD with a recording of the Duluth F2T.

If anyone is interested, and you would be willing to pay for a CD, case and mailing costs, I would be happy to burn and mail copies.
Terry Pepper
GLLKA Executive Director
http://www.gllka.com

Seeing The Light
http://www.terrypepper.com

Terry_Pepper
LH.net Administrator

Postby boats » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:48 am

Terry I have that one, need other fog horns sounds, more more. When I run dututh in the fog you can hear a mile away. "Boats"
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Postby mikev » Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:45 pm

Boats, the title is "St. Joseph, Michigan's Old Diaphone Fog Horn" and it was recorded and copyrighted by Eloywn Ann Keech in 1970, remastered in 1985. It's 22 1/2 minutes long. At least through 2001, it was distributed by Fog Horn Records & Tapes, PO Box 795, St. Joseph's MI 49805, and the price then was $14 for a tape and $28 for a CD, with $4 shipping and handling either way.

Of course if you just want seashore, you could just try and New Age book store or maybe your local Barnes & Noble, and check out the mood tapes area. Some of those are surf-and-gulls sounds.
Mike Vogel
Buffalo Lighthouse/ALCC

mikev
Keeper

Postby Terry_Pepper » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:09 pm

I think I may have a recording of the DeTour Reef light diaphone that Jeff Laser sent me couple of years back. I am serving as volunteer keeper at the Cheboygan River Front Range Light through Tuesday morning - will check my files when I get back home Tuesday night.

(Jeez it's nice to be at a lighthouse where I can dial-up the Internet!)
Terry Pepper
GLLKA Executive Director
http://www.gllka.com

Seeing The Light
http://www.terrypepper.com

Terry_Pepper
LH.net Administrator

Postby boats » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:26 am

Boy that would be great, You can't find any recording like that over here on the left coast. I'm trying to put together some real to life sounds for Sept 18th birthday bash, Eternal Sea Point Memorial Lighthouse. I'm recording what ever I can, I have six 100 watt speakers outside that look like rocks all around the lighthouse. I will be adding two more next month. Need all the help I can get finding cd's or tapes. give me some phone numbers so I can call you folks for more info. "Boats".
boats
Lt. Commissioner

Return to Lighthouse Technology