|

Blood Moon

Forum to discuss all areas of lighthouse technology such as optics, fuels, fog signals, radiobeacons, daymarks, construction, etc.

Postby Kevin vk2ce » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:30 pm

Hi folks,

I have joined the digital brigade. My family presented me with a digital camera for my recent 70th birthday. It's perfect for my needs, ie small enough to fit into a shirt pocket yet produce reasonable pictures. It's a Lumix Panasonic DMC-FX07 for the technical minded, 7.2 megapixels, 3.6 zoom, takes still and video pics. Haven't come to terms with all it's capabilities yet.

Last night I sat it on a tripod and too several shots of the eclipse at various settings. This one was 15 seconds. Not too bad for something as far away as the moon.

Kevin vk2ce
Lt. Commissioner

Postby Grover1 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:02 am

Kevin ...

Much luck ... and much fun ... with the camera ...

I can remember begging ... begging my parents for a Kodak Instamatic camera for my graduation present from 8th grade .. I believe it had a retail value of 11.99 ... It used flash cubes and elimanated the need to load film by unwrapping and installing. Instead you dropped in a film cartridge.

Last year, before Nova Scotia, I bought a new camera where as much as any other feature, at my age and my eyesight, I spent a few dollars more for the camera with a larger viewing window ... the retail was not 11.99 ...

I cannot wait to see the next batch!
Believe those who search for the truth ...
Doubt those who find it ...
Grover1
Lighthouse God

Postby Hersh » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:32 pm

Learning this new camera will be a great experience for you, I'm sure, Kevin. Congratulations !!
Mike Hershberger
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

http://www.harbor-of-refuge.com
Hersh
Lighthouse Master

Postby Kevin vk2ce » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:54 pm

It's going to be fun, that's for sure. Like you Hersh, I remember my very first camera, it was a box brownie. I used to ride all over Canberra in the 40's taking shots of buildings etc. I still have most of those photos and surprisingly, they scan and print very clearly even at higher resolutions.

My present is reviewed here:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0607/06071903panasonicfx50.asp
Kevin vk2ce
Lt. Commissioner

Return to Lighthouse Technology