|

Braddock Point lighthouse

A forum for all lighthouse news and press releases.

Postby town » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:31 am

our family purchased the historical Braddock point lighthouse on the shores of Lake Ontario near Rochester NY. It is still an active lighthouse and it has been restored and brought back to life. We are pleased to announce that we will be open as a Bed and Breakfast on a very limited, first come basis this summer. Our guests will stay in the beautifully restored keepers house and will also receive a personal tour of the lighthouse.

We own a wonderful Bed and Breakfast in Central Florida and will be bringing this expertise to Braddock. For those interested in booking a reservation, we can be reached at (863) 984-4008, thank you - Don and Nandy Town
town
Visitor

Postby CHUCKX53 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:04 am

I got to meet Don Town, the new proprietor of the Braddock Point Lighthouse Bed & Breakfast, which opens for business this week. Don is a real friendly fellow, who graciously offered us a tour of the house and light, which I delightfully accepted.

I just can't describe how neat the place was inside, there was just too much awesome stuff to relate here. Climbing the tower and walking around the rail was something I never thought I would ever be able to do at this light, so it was a treat beyond measure. And Don is such a super, down-to-earth guy, meeting him was definitely a high point of our trip.

I would recommend to all that they take the opportunity to stay at this light. The views of the lakefront are stunning. Thanks to you, Don, for providing us this experience !
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
CHUCKX53
Inspector

Return to Lighthouse News and Press Releases